The Program Coordinator II coordinates cancer prevention and control initiatives for Jefferson County as a part of the Outreach & Education (O&E) team. One of the primary responsibilities is coordinating the Jefferson County Community Health Advisor (CHA) program, which focuses on community outreach, education, engagement, and cancer screening referrals. This position will provide support for several outreach and education initiatives focusing on impact cancers (brain, breast, cervical, colorectal, lung, multiple myeloma, and prostate) and develop innovative ways to reach those rarely or never screened.
* Recruits, trains, and maintains Community Health Advisors (CHAs) for Jefferson County.
* Conducts community outreach, education, and engagement activities in conjunction with Jefferson County CHAs.
* Monitors CHA activities, coordinates monthly meetings and provides technical/logistical support.
* Assists team with coordinating CHA training locally and throughout Alabama.
* Assists Health Initiatives Manager with training and implementing evidence-based programs for the CHA Program.
* May facilitate focus groups, key informant interviews and community-based surveys.
* Facilitates community meetings, webinars, and other activities.
* Refers individuals to cancer screening services and provides support to CHAs referring individuals to cancer screening and support services.
* Partners with other community organizations, healthcare agencies and other groups to provide cancer prevention and control information, resources, and programs.
* Enters program data into the online REDCAP system as required. Training will be provided.
* Submits requests for CHA incentives.
* Provides research and recruitment support as needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Hourly Pay Range - $18.35 - $29.80