Princeton Day School is seeking an Academic Dean to begin in the 2024-25 school year who will be responsible for oversight, review and revision of the academic program. The Academic Dean will serve on the Leadership Team and will report to the Head of School, though they will coordinate primarily with the Associate Head of School. In collaboration with the key partners listed below, the Academic Dean will:
Define a research-informed curricular scope and sequence in all divisions that can be communicated to all school constituencies.
Devise and implement a curriculum review process to identify areas for growth and allocate resources to ensure revision in high priority areas. Curriculum review should occur with input from other programs listed in the “key partners” section.
Along with the Associate Head of School, lead Department Chairs to articulate the standards for excellent professional work including curriculum design, pedagogical approaches, and practices in assessment & feedback.
Along with the Associate Head of School, hire and support Department Chairs and facilitate the Department Chairs group to effectively deploy their academic leadership in the school.
Research and develop a professional growth plan for Department Chairs.
With Department Chairs, review and align placement processes for tracked courses.
In collaboration with faculty, develop programs of distinction, beginning in the upper school, that allow students to deepen their work in an area of interest.
Research and develop programs in experiential education that meaningfully connect to curriculum.
Research the possibility of developing academic summer program options.
This is a full-time 12-month exempt position. The Academic Dean role piece will represent 75% of this position and you will also be expected to teach one class or the equivalent representing the other 25% of this position.
Our ideal candidate has:
Meaningful experience in classroom teaching, academic leadership, and curriculum design within a PK-12 school.
A proven record of coaching educators.
Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
Evidence of developing positive school culture, especially during periods of change.
A research-informed understanding of teaching and learning.
A commitment to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion through the academic program.
Associate Head of School
Assistant Head of School
Lower School Chairs (Literacy and Math) and Science Curriculum Coordinator
Directors of DEI, College Counseling, Academic Technology and Institutional Research, Sustainability, Student Services, Service Learning, Global Studies
Director of Miss Fine’s Center
Princeton Day School is the region's premier independent day school for students from Pre-K through Grade 12. We aspire to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive community in which all members are seen, challenged, affirmed, respected and valued. Nestled on a picturesque 106-acre campus just two miles from Downtown Princeton and with a history dating back to 1899, PDS provides students with unparalleled opportunities for discovery, exploration and innovation and seeks employees who are passionate about their work and who embrace the importance of lifelong learning.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, a link to samples of their work and a list of at least three professional references to email@example.com.