The Assistant Dean for Admissions (AD-A) is responsible for the recruitment, admission, and matriculation of a student body that possesses a passion to serve as dentist-leaders in rural and underserved communities across the State of North Carolina. The AD-A ensures appropriate linkages between the admissions, recruitment, and enrollment processes and the vision, mission and strategic priorities of the School of Dental Medicine. The AD-A works collaboratively with other members in the Office of Student Affairs and reports to the Associate Dean for Student Affairs (AD-SA). The AD-A provides leadership and mentoring for the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Coordinator and student workers.
The AD-A position encompasses teaching and administrative responsibilities. Teaching effort will be 35% and administration effort will be 65%. Specific duties include:
· Working with the Director of Admissions in overseeing the recruitment activities and admissions operations for the DMD program.
· Providing oversight for the Preparing Tomorrows' Dentists pathway program.
· Developing additional recruitment programs focused on increasing the numbers and quality of applications from mission-aligned students; and investigating grants and other funding resources for supporting these programs.
· Providing general operational oversight for the DMD admissions process, conducting preliminary review of all applications, and serving as Chair of the Admissions Committee.
· Supporting the AD-SA and participating in programs and activities for enrolled students.
· Representing the SoDM in interfacing with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
· Actively participating in faculty roles such as teaching, scholarly pursuits and providing patient care, and contributing broadly to the mission of the SoDM.
· Performing other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean for Student Affairs or the Dean of the SoDM. · Fixed term or tenure track position is available at the title/rank of Assistant Professor or higher. ·Contingent upon available funding.
The AD-A works closely with the AD-SA and other administrative team members including department chairs, vice dean, associate/assistant deans, program directors, and University and System colleagues.
Special Instructions To Application:
At the time of employment two to three original letters of reference, official transcripts, a criminal background check, and proper documentation of identity and employability are required.
Applicants must complete a candidate profile by creating an account (see
To be a national model for student success, public service and regional transformation, East Carolina University uses innovative learning strategies and delivery methods to maximize access; prepares students with the knowledge, skills and values to succeed in a global, multicultural society; develops tomorrow's leaders to serve and inspire positive change; discovers new knowledge and innovations to support a thriving future for eastern North Carolina and beyond; transforms health care, promotes wellness, and reduces health disparities; and improves qualify of life through cultural enrichment, academics, the arts, and athletics. We accomplish our mission through education, research, creative activities, and service while being good stewards of the resources entrusted to us. East Carolina University delivers on the promise of opportunity. We open doors. We improve lives. We transform the present, and we discover the future. In these ways and more, we serve our community, our state, our nation and our world as together we reach toward our greatest potential. Tomorrow starts here.