Responsible for planning, coordinating, monitoring and implementing complex IT Programs to meet organizational goals. Oversees and provides guidance to the staff responsible for the department's projects. Supervises activities of a small department, major project and several smaller projects. Manages project management tools within the department. Makes decisions on personnel actions (hiring, terminations, promotions). Controls revenues and/or expenses within an operating unit and responsible for meeting budget goals and objectives. Provides input to policy level direction regarding standards and budget constraints.
II.Principal Responsibilities and Tasks:
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Manages the operation, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of information technology applications.
2. Work with stakeholders to define business and system requirements for existing and new implementations.
3. Collaborates with analysts, technical staff and application owners with all phases of the System Development Life Cycle and Project Management standards.
4. Plans, execute and finalize projects according to timeline and budget.
5. Establishes productive relationships with customer groups and vendors. Responsible for assisting Director with customer satisfaction, vendor contracts and associated invoices, quality control, problem management and resolution within the business and financial product lines and across multiple facilities.
6. Determine staffing requirements and supervise the work of all direct reports to ensure effective and efficient departmental functions. Serve as resource, primary advisor, and mentor for all direct reports.
A. Hire, orient, train, conduct performance evaluations, handle disciplinary issues, and provide an open and goal oriented work environment with establish clear and concise work procedures and productivity standards.
B. Develops personnel by providing opportunities and training programs to enhance individual employee's career development.
C. Ensures full staff competency of technologies, policies and practices across the division.
D. Manages activities of contractors. 7. Implements and enforces departmental policies and procedures.
A. In coordination with departmental management, ensures compliance with regulatory and audit agency requirements.
B. Develops performance improvement initiatives aimed at improving customer service, operating costs, departmental functions/departmental productivity.
C. Develops and executes effective control process and compliance monitoring procedures to ensure risks are measured, monitored, controlled, and mitigated.
D. Represents the department at various meetings, task force groups, quality councils and with other members of the UMMS.
8. Assess, manages and monitor employee satisfaction results and action plans, and assist Senior Management in the execution of improvement action plans.
9. Develop, establish and implement departmental goals and objectives for UMMS in collaboration with IT Leadership.
10. Provide Information Services and Technology guidance and assistance to customer base and ensure process/policies are maintained in accordance with established UMMS standards.
11. Participates in change management responsibilities.
The University of Maryland Medical System is a 14-hospital system with academic, community and specialty medical services reaching every part of Maryland and beyond. UMMS is a national and regional referral center for trauma, cancer care, Neurocare, cardiac care, women's and children's health and physical rehabilitation. UMMS is the fourth largest private employer in the Baltimore metropolitan area and one of the top 20 employers in the state of Maryland. No organization will give you the clinical variety, the support, or the opportunities for professional growth that you'll enjoy as a member of our team.
III.Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Health, Science, Business or an equivalent level of professional experience required. Master's Degree preferred.
2. Eight years progressively responsible experience in information technology, including one year performing application and/or programming analysis, or equivalent, such as business analysis, is required. Two years experience in managing projects and resources.
3. Certification in Service Management, Project Management, or Business Analysis is preferred.
4. Experience working in a healthcare environment is preferred.
IV.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary to advise and consult with user personnel and make formal presentations of project findings and recommendations.
3. Demonstrated leadership ability, effectiveness in supervising, evaluating, training, discipline and motivating management and technical staff successfully is required.
4. Demonstrates ability to maintain professional growth and business affiliations to keep abreast of technical advances.
5. High level of proficiency and demonstrated effectiveness in problem-solving and to implementing new programs related to increased departmental and organizational operating efficiency.
6. Highly effective oral and written communication skills are required to train and supervise employees, and to work closely with Senior Information Systems management, hospital administration, and end user personnel effectively.
7. Ability to understand and adhere to systems security and control procedures in accordance with departmental, vendor standards and regulatory bodies. Supervise, teach and monitor compliance.
8. Ability to organize and lead projects.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) was created in 1984 when the state-owned University Hospital became a private, nonprofit organization. It has evolved into a multi-hospital system with academic, community and specialty service missions reaching every part of the state and beyond. UMMS is a national and regional referral center for trauma, cancer care, neurocare, cardiac care, women's and children's health and physical rehabilitation. It also has one of the world's largest kidney transplant programs, as well as scores of other programs that improve the physical and mental health of thousands of people daily. The hospitals and health systems that comprise UMMS are: University of Maryland Medical Center, University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus, UM Rehabilitation and Orthopaedic Institute, UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center, UM Capital Region Health, UM Charles Regional Medical Center, UM St. Joseph Medical Center, UM Upper Chesapeake Health, UM Shore Regional Health, Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital and UM Community Medical Group.