Clinical Research Data Specialist I Per Diem - Smidt Heart Institute (Dr. Ouyang)
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Location: Los Angeles, California
Internal Number: HRC1281235
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Smidt Heart Institute reflects Cedars-Sinai's steadfast dedication to heart disease and research innovation giving patients access to the highest level of care. Year after year, thousands of people trust their hearts to Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai. Our cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and niche care teams treat the full spectrum of heart disease and disorders, while our investigators continue to advance the field with groundbreaking, life-saving research. From genetic counseling and targeted drug therapies to a growing array of minimally invasive procedures, Cedars-Sinai continues to stand at the forefront of technology, innovation and discovery improving patient outcomes.
Join our team and use your skills with an organization known nationally for excellence in research!
Recent advance in machine learning applied to medical imaging suggests we can get additional value and find hidden clinical correlates from conventional imaging tests. As part of our research group, we use large scale datasets and imaging data to analyze the relationship between imaging vs. genotype vs. health outcomes. Our team includes clinicians, biostatisticians and bioinformaticians focused on high impact cardiovascular clinical research. As a Clinical Research Data Specialist I, you will manage the data for assigned research studies. This will include, designing pipelines for data collection, clinical data abstraction, processing data, maintaining record systems, and producing project reports for studies. Desired skills for processing medical imaging data include proficiency with Python and applicable packages, including OpenCV, Pydicom, SciPy, and PyTorch.
Additional responsibilities include the opportunity to participate in making strategic data-related decisions by analyzing and manipulating data and building models to assist in the clinical and operational setting. Create database-to-deployment pipelines for models using the necessary programming languages (primarily R, Python, SQL). Create sustainable data science infrastructure and adhere to data analysis/machine learning best practices. Perform exploratory data analysis to gauge the need for or appropriateness of advanced analytical methods. Work with business partners to identify areas where data science can best deliver value. Test and validate code to ensure the robustness of data applications. Act as an advisor or thought partner to stakeholders by identifying issues for resolution, providing research expertise and summarizing findings. Collaborate to problem solve and make decisions to achieve desired outcomes. Establish effective working relationships with cross-functional team(s).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages data for research studies.
- Designs forms for data collection.
- Performs clinical data collection/abstraction.
- Processes clinical data using a range of computer applications and database systems to support cleaning and management of subject or patient data.
- Produces project reports.
- Maintains the accuracy, integrity and security of complex, large computerized records systems.
- Understands regulations, policies, protocols and procedures to control and maintain accurate records .
- Performs data searches and other related administrative tasks.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board.
- Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
- Designs pipelines for data collection and analysis.
- Participate in publications and presentations as an author.
- Designs and performs experiments with colleagues and collaborators
- Participates in required training and education programs regarding protecting patient data, best practices with research integrity and applicable laws.
Education: Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, Economics, Statistics, or equivalent
* Essential skills include proficiency using Python, R, and SQL, including OpenCV, Numpy, and Scipy.
* Experience working with large datasets, clinical registries, and open-access datasets.
* Relevant background experience includes clinical and / or statistical training or work experience.
* In conjunction with a biostatistician, may perform complex statistical analysis for publication.
Physical Demands:* Able to perform moderate lifting. * Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. * Able to read papers and online documents. * Able to operate standard office equipment. * Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
Working Title: Clinical Research Data Specialist I Per Diem - Smidt Heart Institute (Dr. Ouyang) Department: Heart Institute Operations Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Job Category: Information Technology Job Specialty: Business Systems & System Analysis Position Type: Per Diem Shift Length: 8 hour shift Shift Type: Day Base Pay:$23.39 - $39.76
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding oppor...tunities for translational and clinical research and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.