Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0013133
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
University of Minnesota Physicians is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist to join our inpatient child and adolescent Hospitalist service at the University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital.
At University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital, we have one of the largest inpatient mental-health and substance abuse programs for children and teens in the nation. Our wide range of services includes: inpatient, behavioral emergency center, partial hospitalization, outpatient clinics, counseling centers, adolescent chemical dependency program, and adolescent dual diagnosis day programs.
- Practice at the University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital in Minneapolis, MN.
- A collaborative multidisciplinary team of Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists, PMHNPs, Psychiatric RNs, Pediatric Medicine Hospitalists, Program Directors, Psychiatric Associates, Chemical Dependency Counselors and Recreational Therapists.
- Modern patient care environment with therapeutic areas such as sensory rooms, a pool, and a playground.
- See patients in our General and Intensive Treatment units.
- Inpatient encounters average 8 to 9 per day.
- Potential to teach residents.
- Full Time, 1.0 FTE.
- No weeknight call
- On call/rounding 1 Saturday per month (8 patients plus consults)
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health Fairview (M Health Fairview) shared care delivery system. M Health Fairview represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
M Health Fairview is one of the largest providers of behavioral health services in the Upper Midwest. We offer a wide range of adult and child/adolescent services that includes: inpatient, behavioral emergency center, partial hospitalization, outpatient clinics, counseling centers, chemical dependency programs, and day treatment programs. In addition, our psychiatrists have access to consultation, collaborative management or referral with University of Minnesota Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Physicians and Behavioral Healthcare Providers.
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: M Physicians Benefits.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME psychiatry residency and child and adolescent fellowship training program.
- Board Certified/Board Prepared with the American Board of Medical Specialties or American Osteopathic Association.
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.