Dean of Enrollment Management, Systems, and Innovation
Community College of Rhode Island
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
Internal Number: 4423
The Community College of Rhode Island is New England's largest community college, and a nationally-recognized leader in catalyzing student success and achievement for recent high school graduates and returning adults alike.
We provide affordable, open access to higher education, and we deliver on our mission to offer all students the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth.
Diversity is our strength. We champion equity, and we celebrate, support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We strive to hire and retain culturally competent faculty and staff whose demographics are reflective of our diverse student body. To learn more about our employees' values and what it means to work here, learn about our Guiding Principles here.
Posting Details > Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply for this position:
· Complete CCRI's online application, and attach a cover letter and resume by the closing date.
· If attaching a resume complete with education history and/or employment history, please disregard these sections within the online application.
· Please include the contact information for three (3) references within the application.
· Finalists will be required to provide official college transcripts.
· Please note that all RI Council of Postsecondary Education employees (i.e., full- and part-time faculty and non-classified employees) must be fully vaccinated and boosted when eligible. Learn more about CCRI's vaccination policy here.
Please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311 (TTY: 401-825-2313) if you require assistance with the online application process.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or status as a protected veteran. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred to CCRI's Title IX Coordinator at TitleIXCoordinator@ccri.edu
The Clery Act requires colleges and universities to report campus crime data, support victims of violence, and publicly outline the policies and procedures they have put into place to improve campus safety.
The Dean of Enrollment Management, Systems, and Innovation (EMSI) is a reimagined position on the Student Affairs Leadership Team. The Dean of EMSI will have access to and a deep understanding of student information systems (Ellucian Banner preferred) and the extensive set of college data and use of these data to position CCRI as a model for data-informed student-centric policy, practice and application of technology among public two-year colleges. This position will lead equity-minded workflow reviews and conduct path analyses across the student lifecycle. The Dean of EMSI will leverage current data and emerging technologies to help transform the CCRI student experience through greater personalization and more connected services.
The Dean of EMSI will be a collaborator and change-maker influencing college-wide academic affairs and student success policies and practices and oversee the student affairs functional
areas of Records, Admissions, Enrollment Services, and Veteran Services. The Dean will provide direct supervision of the Director of Records, Director of Admissions, Associate Director of Enrollment Services (2), and the Veterans Certifying Official.
This position combines expertise in strategic enrollment management and the role of the registrar to improve automation and efficiency in the operations of 4-year student transfer, early college and adult recruitment, class and room scheduling and student educational planning, and division CRM adoption to scale a personalized experience that minimizes enrollment and graduation barriers for our students. This leader will be expected to incorporate higher education and community college best practices into the vision, strategy and practices of each functional area.
Position initially located at the Warwick campus, may include up to 2 days remote.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain knowledge of and incorporate best practices and innovative enrollment strategies in community colleges and higher education.
· Ensure that all Enrollment Management functional areas have processes, policies, technology, and resources necessary to achieve enrollment and student success goals.
· Participate in the identification, selection and implementation of student-facing technologies.
· Review and analyze data on student enrollment and success to shape strategic direction; and regularly re-evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment, admissions, and enrollment services to ensure alignment with the College and Student Affairs division Strategic Plans.
· Oversee recruitment, supervision, and professional development of staff; and develop a strong sense of teamwork, equity, and investment in mission across all functional areas.
· Collaborate across divisions to improve the College's ability to serve students with intention and excellence; and ensure that the Enrollment Management department is positioned to support key College initiatives.
· Collaborate with Academic Affairs and Institutional Effectiveness to ensure effective and data-informed course scheduling.
· Participate in the development of marketing and communication strategies to achieve strategic recruitment and enrollment goals.
· Represent the College at state and community meetings and events as they relate to Enrollment Management and student services.
· Develop and manage the Enrollment Management budget.
· Ensure compliance with all state regulations, federal laws, and CCRI policies.
· Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
· Perform other related duties as assigned, which will be varied and substantial given the scope of this role within Student Affairs and the College.
· A Master's degree required
· Progressively responsible leadership experience in the functional areas of admissions, enrollment services, financial aid, and/or records (Registrar level)
· Experience with core technology applications such as Ellucian Banner 9 student information system (or similar), Degree Works degree audit and planner (or similar), Argos
Reporting (or similar), CRM solutions (in-process of vendor selection and implementation), and advanced Microsoft Excel (or similar).
· Demonstrated ability to develop and use data analytics and modeling to inform enrollment management and records strategy
· Demonstrated ability to lead a team to deliver service excellence and drive change that delivers results despite obstacles and challenges
· Experience at an institution with a single stop/shared services model
Campus Location: Initially located at the Warwick Campus
Salary Range: Anticipated starting salary is $130,000
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Some roles will require finalists to provide official college transcripts and proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. CCRI prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, marital, citizenship status and veteran status in all employment matters. CCRI espouses that all employees and applicants have a right to equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
Sexual harassment is a form of gender-based discrimination prohibited by Title IX.
The Jeanne Clery Act requires institutions of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Reports can be made available upon request.
The Community College of Rhode Island is the states only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs. At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state and our increasingly diverse student population. We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate, support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that are represented across our four campuses. We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve their highest potential. To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch videos of our employees doing what they do best: https://www.ccri.edu/equity/culture/guidingprinciples.html