Location: Ithaca, New York
Information Technology Lead for Facilities & Campus Services
Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
This position is located in Ithaca, New York, with the possibility of a hybrid working schedule.
Facilities and Campus Services (FCS) is a values-based organization dedicated to the principals of Truth, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork, and Integrity. The Cornell University campus is widely admired as one of the world's most beautiful academic settings. FCS is committed to providing the highest quality service to faculty, students, staff, alumni, and visitors. With more than 260 major buildings enhancing the magnificent landscape of the Ithaca campus, over 1,000 highly talented and dedicated staff of FCS serve as stewards of campus resources and operations. We are proud to acknowledge the numerous accomplishments and successes of our staff as we partner with the broader university community in carrying out our mission.
In carrying out our mission, FCS stewardship and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of planning, designing, constructing, and maintaining university buildings, grounds, utility infrastructure, and energy and sustainability efforts for the physical campus in Ithaca, New York.
- Oversight of commuter, fleet, parking services, and campus mail.
- Senior staff contact and support for the Buildings and Properties Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- We report to the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
The FCS IT Lead serves as the steward of Facilities and Campus Services' IT resources, data resources, and policies and acts as a bridge between business problems and technology solutions.
As a leader for FCS IT, provide strategic guidance, oversight, coordination, problem solving and management for IT support from service providers and provide guidance to a data-driven approach toward continuous improvement. Align resources in support of business function improvements through ongoing development and enhancement of FCS-wide software systems, including operational applications and information delivery. This position will provide observations and recommendations for the continuous improvement of FCS operations through use of business systems and best practices. This role will develop and recommend effective alternative solutions to meet desired reporting outcomes when necessary. The FCS IT Lead will ensure compliance with university policy for IT-related systems and processes.
Possess in-depth understanding of business needs to influence IT strategic initiatives that support the priorities of FCS. Collaborate with FCS business and technical staff to ensure all appropriate parties contribute to and understand the requirements, alternatives, and solutions. Develop and maintain productive relationships with the Central IT (CIT) organization's various service groups to ensure appropriate resourcing for delivery efforts.
Champion change, as needed, across the institution. Ensure and facilitate FCS participation in institutional initiatives that involve IT systems or reporting. Facilitate appropriate structures for coordination with all stakeholders, including other functional offices and campus partners. Recommend requirements/data quality attributes of management information systems for university and college/unit data integrity.
Identify and lead FCS-wide opportunities for business analysis, process mapping and/or solution design. Provide project management leadership to ensure timely completion of initiatives. Create and track metrics to measure improvements of business processes.
This position will lead cross-organizational functional teams to accomplish the organizations' strategic priorities. Collaborate with FCS leadership to understand FCS functional areas and systems and understand business objectives to establish a Technology Roadmap.
We Require These Qualifications:
- Experience in and/or demonstrated commitment to supporting diversity, equity, access, inclusion, and wellbeing.
- Demonstrated skill in understanding of cultural differences.
- Proven experience connecting diversity, inclusion, and wellbeing practices to business goals.
Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field with 5-7 years of experience working with application support, service management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Demonstrated Experience in the Following:
- Understanding and managing IT systems and relationships with service providers.
- Business analytics including metrics, KPIs, etc.
- Process mapping and solution design of complex systems and processes, in support of business function improvement (i.e., process re-engineering).
- Developing strategic direction and vision and leading implementation.
- Developing new innovative solutions, services, products, processes, or programs.
- Responsible for assisting in and influencing decisions concerning policy-setting.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, monitor, facilitate and manage the work of others.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Service orientation, initiative, creativity, and organizational commitment.
- Effective leadership abilities.
- Sophisticated reasoning skills.
You Will Be a Top Candidate with Our Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in a higher education environment with a focus on support of business functions and efficiencies.
- Experience with requirements gathering analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of complex application systems and reporting solutions.
- Experience with university systems.
- Project management experience.
- Facilities management knowledge.
Rewards & Benefits:
Cornell University provides excellent benefits that include professional development, access to many wellness programs, employee discounts with local and national retail brands, health care options, and great retirement options. Cornell provides generous paid leave provisions as well, including 3 weeks of vacation, health leave, personal leave, and 13 paid holidays (including end-of-year winter break through New Year's Day). Cornell has also been nationally recognized as an award-winning workplace for our health, wellbeing, sustainability, and diversity initiatives.
This is a full-time, non-academic staff, benefits-eligible opportunity located in Ithaca, New York.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
University Job Title:
Pay Rate Type:
$92,019.00 - $112,467.00
Remote Option Availability:
Number of Openings:
Job Titles and Pay Ranges:
Noted pay ranges reflect the potential pay opportunity for each job profile. The hiring rate of pay for the successful candidate will be determined considering the following criteria:
Prior relevant work or industry experience
Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position
Unique applicable skills
Academic Discipline (faculty pay ranges reflects 9-month annual salary)
Online Submission Guidelines:
Applicants that do not have internet access are encouraged to visit your local library, or local Department of Labor. You may also visit the office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. to use a dedicated workstation to complete an online application.
Notice to Applicants:
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We also recognize a lawful preference in employment practices for Native Americans living on or near Indian reservations. Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.