The Senior Director of Tax is an integral position for Greystar's growth strategy and is responsible for managing, advising, and leading on tax matters as part of the Enterprise Tax Service Team to assist the business teams within the organization.
1. Engages and oversees third party tax advisors on deal structuring, acquisition due diligence, dispositions, and investor tax reporting.
2. Coordinates with and supports Greystar's legal and business teams on transactions as well as leading investor tax relations with senior stakeholders on complex tax matters with both internal and external partners.
3. Oversees and manages local tax function and risks in accordance with Greystar Global Tax Policy.
4. Oversees external tax advisor fees and manages related tax budgets.
5. Coordinates with external tax advisors to assess new tax legislation and provide guidance on applicability to Greystar's Development team.
6. Ensures all income tax matters are addressed timely and accurately for real estate transactions, ongoing compliance, and corporate matters as they relate to the business teams.
7. Coordinates with external tax advisors for the preparation of quarterly investor income tax forecasts, estimated income tax payments, tax withholding on dividends/distributions, etc.
8. Manages and reviews the quarterly tax provision prepared by the external advisor.
9. Coordinates with external advisors to manage tax audits, notices, and dispute management.
10. Provides income tax budgets and accruals to the Accounting teams quarterly / annually for both the corporate entities and investment JVs.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.