George Fox University announces a tenure-track faculty position in Political Science in the Department of History and Politics at the Newberg campus for the 2023-24 academic year. Although the area of specialty is open, those with interests in peace studies/civility issues, political theory, and/or pre-law are especially encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching Political Science courses within the Politics Concentration. Depending upon specialty, courses might include American Political Theory, International Conflict and Peace, American Foreign Policy, Introduction to Law.
- Teaching General Education courses including SSCI 100: Justice course.
- Advising students.
- Course development and assessment
- Participating in the work of the department and the university, including serving on university committees as needed.
- Depending on background and interest, serve as pre-law advisor, and/or participate in the university's Civility Project.
- Communicating effectively and courteously with others, including employees, students, and the public, in a spirit of teamwork, respect and customer service.
- By actions, words, and lifestyle, be a Christian role model to students, whether through casual contact or in a formal supervisory role.
- Demonstrating awareness, respect, and appreciation for diversity of culture, background, race, sex, political views, expressions of faith, etc. and works well with a variety of people.
- Other duties as assigned.
We're Looking for Candidates Who Have:
- A PhD or who are ABD will be considered, but must have an earned doctorate degree in political science, or a related field, by the time of appointment.
- A commitment to working with a diverse population of students; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching
- A record of relevant scholarship
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
- Candidates must have legal authority to permanently work in the U.S.
Salary and Rank
Appointment at the Assistant Professor level is anticipated, though candidates with significant teaching experience at previous institutions may be considered for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor. In order to be considered the candidate must have been awarded the rank of Associate Professor at a prior university.
Application Procedures - kindly apply only through this website
When completing the online application, please upload the following as .pdf documents in the section marked Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Essay Requirement:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Faith and learning essay*
- Concise description of research plans
Other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply at once. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Questions may be directed to: Dr. Caitlin Corning, Professor of History and Department Chair, email@example.com
George Fox University has been transforming student's lives for over 125 years. We are a Christ-centered community that prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Our vision is to be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes. We put students first, with Christ at the center of our work, embracing change in order to improve. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates to join us in creating transformational experiences for our students.
Being a part of our community means a commitment to faith and to a lifestyle that is consistent with the university's mission as described in the Statement of Faith and Community Lifestyle Statement on our website.
As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented in our community.
What is most appealing about working at George Fox University?
- Faith-friendly: Our culture is unique for higher education. At George Fox you can pursue academic excellence while integrating scriptures, praying with staff members and students at work, and helping to make an impact on the world in a way that promotes Christian values.
- Unapologetically Christian: As a university, we have an enduring commitment to Christ, his kingdom and the truth of God's Word.
- Live out your calling: You are able to use your God-given talents and abilities while having a profound influence on students as they deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Equip students for kingdom work: You can be a part of helping students discover their callings, at which they will be able to glorify the kingdom of God just as they have seen you do.
For your personal well-being we offer:
- A strong Christian vision and mission-led organization with opportunities for your growth and contributions.
- Wonderful Christian peers and a vibrant student population.
- A beautiful and peaceful campus environment with areas to walk and coffee shops and restaurants close by.
- Free Fitness Center membership.
- Free parking.
- Rich employee benefit package.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://georgefoxfaculty.applicantpool.com/jobs/938068-47328.html