Accounting Supervisor (Financial Associate 3 - MR06)
Office of the Bursar
University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
The Accounting Supervisor serves as the liaison for all outside third party and vendor billings for the university's student fee area.
- Audits, adjusts, and reports all waivers and discounts for student fees
- Ensures non-resident alien tax information is reported to university wide administration utilizing the Banner system
- Supervises and serves as back up to the Accounting Assistant who is responsible for the university's daily cash transmission of funds using the IRIS system, university's cash transmission (multi million dollars transmitted yearly)
- Serves as backup for verifying and proofing of deposits for the Bursar's Office Customer Services Specialist and campus deposits, verifies bank bags going to the bank and receiving backup from the banks as needed
- Reviews and receives bank download in absence of Accounting Assistant
- Supervises the Accounting Specialist who is responsible for back up to the daily mail log, telephone customer service, audit of student waivers and entries into Banner
- Assists the Bursar with set-up of new contracts (vendor billings) and exemptions (spouse and dependents of employees) waivers each semester and prior to the fall term
- Assists with the preparation of the MocsExpress Student Fee Statements relating to confirmation of discounts/exemptions and prepayments
- Coordinates with the Office of Human Resources for employees terminated in the audit/removal of employee and spouse/dependent fee discounts
- Ensures prepayment plan students are documented and balanced prior to each term and before entry to the student's account
- Maintains, balances, and adjusts outside 3rd party and vendor billing
- Updates student's account to coincide with contract payments
- Audits, adjusts, and reports all waivers/discounts and liaison for outside billing
- Maintains prepayment plan and seat fees established by the University
- Performs supervisor tasks for a clerical position that reports to this position including training, approval of leave and annual evaluations
- Serves as customer service representative back up with phone customer service on a daily basis
- Assists with 1098T questions for both parents and students
- Reviews/verifies ACH payments that are posted and processed to student accounts for third party payments
- Serves as liaison to vocational rehabilitation counselors
- Performs veteran installment plan review, including set up and maintenance
- Assists with cancellation for non-payment processes relating to veterans and MOSIAC program students
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, computer skills, customer service experience
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have the ability to perform accurately during peak times, multitask, and provide quality customer service to the university community
Review of applications will begin March 13, 2023 and continue until the position is filled. Applications received by this date will receive priority consideration.
Minimum Qualifications: Typically requires a high school diploma, and four years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Two years or more knowledge working in a college or university environment, one-two years of knowledge working with the public, and 2-3 years of knowledge working with student accounts are preferred.
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.