1. Promotes a positive profile of the fraternity and sorority community by providing overall advisement, training, and support of the recognized social fraternities and sororities on campus.
2. Assists in the development of a responsible fraternity and sorority community through advising the IFC, PHA, NPHC, Order of Omega, and other fraternity and sorority life councils and committees.
3. As a member of the Office of Student Engagement serves as a general advisor to all campus student organizations.
4. Supports the overall operation of the Plaster Student Union and contributes to the department’s success by performing all other duties as assigned.
5. Assists in establishing and/or maintaining the position of the fraternity and sorority community within the collegial environment by ensuring their understanding of and compliance with all University policies, the Student Code of Rights and Responsibilities, the Fraternity and Sorority Life Governance Statement, as well as municipal, state, and federal laws.
6. Addresses fraternity and sorority judicial matters as necessary, assists the Office of Student Conduct, and communicates with the police substation.
7. Ensures that the goals and objectives of Fraternity and Sorority Life and its programs are included in the annual goals and objectives for the Office of Student Engagement.
8. Develops a cooperative relationship with alumni advisors and general headquarters by working with them on individual chapter matters.
9. Assists in establishing and continuing a cooperative relationship between the fraternity and sorority community, Springfield, and University communities by facilitating the Fraternity and Sorority Life Governance Statement, serving as a liaison and communicating planned student activities to the fraternity and sorority life leadership and encouraging their participation.
Financial Support and Education
10. Manages financial resources, within budget limits, in accordance with University guidelines under the guidance and supervision of the Assistant Director of Student Engagement – Involvement by planning, developing, and monitoring the departmental budget.
11. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
12. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses required by the Assistant Director of Student Engagement – Involvement.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree in Educational Administration, College Student Personnel, or other related field is preferred.
Experience: Experience with social Greek letter organizations in either an advisory or leadership capacity is preferred. Demonstrated experience with student leadership programming organizational development, initiating, planning, executing, and assessing student programs and services, and measuring student outcomes is preferred. Experience incorporating multi-cultural and multi-perspective experiences for students that needed to succeed in a global, broadly diverse society is preferred.
Skills: Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Other: The scope of the position frequently requires attendance at evening and/or weekend activities, meetings, seminars, and workshops.
Missouri State University is a public university system with students who come from all over Missouri, the nation and the world.
We are a close-knit community of passionate and steadfast learners committed to ethical leadership, cultural competence and community engagement. Those are the pillars of the university’s unique public affairs mission, granted to us by the Missouri General Assembly.
The system has four physical campuses — three in Missouri and one in Dalian, China — and an outreach program for any time, any place learning.