Location: Los Angeles, California
Internal Number: HRC1154636
Are you interested in following an exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places known nationally for excellence in IBD research?
Dr. Gil Melmed's clinical research team is searching for a highly motivated Research Project Advisor to be a part of an exciting opportunity within the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Institute (IBDI) at Cedars-Sinai. IBDI is a multidisciplinary basic, translational, and clinical research program devoted to Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. Dr. Melmed is working on an NIH-sponsored grant for a Pilot Study of Posaconazole in Crohn's Disease designed to evaluate the effects of oral antifungal treatment with posaconazole on active Crohn's disease (CD) activity. Additionally, Dr. Melmed is pioneering the Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Prehabilitation Program which is an evidence-based, multidisciplinary prehabilitation program that will support patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), which includes Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis, who are undergoing abdominal surgery, helping them recover and return to their lives quickly and more completely. Another groundbreaking foundation-sponsored educational training program under the direction of Dr. Melmed will be part of the institute's efforts to improve treatment approaches and prevention of IBD.
Highly qualified candidates, residing in California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Colorado, Minnesota, Florida, and Georgia, may be considered for remote work.
To learn more, please visit Gil Y. Melmed, MD | Cedars-Sinai & F. Widjaja Foundation Inflammatory Bowel and Immunobiology Research Institute | Cedars-Sinai.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
The Research Project Advisor works with the Principal Investigator or Department Head to develop and implement research programs, including project planning, identifying funding sources, preparing grant proposals, and presenting results for possible publication. Attends national meetings and conferences, identifies potential collaborators and research sponsors, and maintains relationships with colleagues and National Institutes of Health and other funding agencies. Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as departmental resource for scientific initiatives and major research projects and identifies funding opportunities.
- Communicates the feasibility of study involvement and or participation with the PI.
- Independently and as part of a team, develops and implements research programs, including project planning.
- Participates in the research and academic activities of the department.
- Prepares grant proposals and assists PI in authoring manuscripts and books for publication; and prepares presentations for both expert and lay audiences.
- Works closely with the principal investigator and is knowledgeable in the area of research specialization.
- Represents the interests of the department in inter-and intra-institutional research projects; provides expertise for research collaborations.
- Maintains excellent relationships with colleagues, locally, nationally, and internationally; has an excellent, productive relationship with the National Institutes of Health and other funding agencies.
- Superior communication skills for interactions with faculty, administrators, and employees.
- Special projects as assigned.
- May function as a bridge between laboratory, translational, and clinical research programs.
- May be responsible for research process improvement, quality assurance, and problem solving for the department.
- May develop curriculum and oversee the coordination of small and large scientific symposia.
- Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
Bachelor's Degree required, in Healthcare, Business Administration, Management or related field is desirable. Master's degree, preferred.
Experience & Skills:
- Seven (7) years of proven experience is required. Clinical research experience is highly desirable.
- Medical writing skills are a plus.
- Ability to apply, write, and edit new or existing grants with an understanding of grant management.
- Ability to multitask and effective time management skills including, but not limited to, prioritizing, organization, maintaining focus, and detail-orientated.
- Self-motivated and works well independently as well as others collaboratively with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with peers, patients, physicians, and other customers of the medical center.
Research Project Advisor (Hybrid/Remote Option) - Inflammatory Bowel Disease InstituteDepartment:
Home Dept - GastroenterologyBusiness Entity:
Academic / ResearchJob Category:
Academic/Research ServicesPosition Type:
8 hour shiftShift Type:
$86,200.00 - $146,400.00