Location: San Francisco, California
This strategic leadership position over Business Informatics and Analysis reports to the UCSF VP & Associate CIO Enterprise Systems and is responsible for managing IT business operations for enterprise applications, driving business systems transformation transition to cloud strategy, I.T. quality assurance and providing business analysis. Works with the Associate Chief Information Officer and other UCSF leaders to implement strategic business priorities and is responsible for delivering modern cloud-based Administrative Systems ((i.e., ERP, HR, Supply Chain, Student Information, etc.), CRM, Service Management, and other business capabilities required for Campus and Health. Builds trusted relationships with business leaders on both campus and health side so that the enterprise application team serves as a responsive and reliable partner to meet business objectives. Acts as a liaison with other departments to identify the business system meets the enterprise's needs and work with business system technology team on execution. Analyzes trends and uses complex data modeling to improve business performance. Directs staff and develops their skills/capabilities to meet the needs of UCSF.
This role is a critical component to the success of UCSF and requires an experienced IT leader with strong leadership, communications, and management expertise along with a strong contextual knowledge of how IT is used within the clinical, research and education enterprise. UCSF and the UC System are in a highly dynamic era with extraordinary demands for new IT services and this role is central to providing information and analysis that inform decision-making at all levels of UCSF IT and business leadership.
Represents the UCSF Campus and Health System in local and systemwide meetings as well as at the national level in appropriate forums. Recognized as an influential leader, providing leadership in the effective application of technology at the enterprise level. Makes final decisions for the organization and ensures achievement of objectives. More detailed scope definition follows.
Strategy & Planning
- Lead and drive business digital transformation through process optimization and automation.
- Robotic process automation, specialized cloud applications, and enterprise business systems platforms will be leveraged in a coordinated and integrated manner to achieve needed business transformation
- Coach, mentor, empower, and develop staff. Leverage staff for cross-campus initiatives to improve efficiency across the enterprise.
- Engage in and lead discussions in key UCSF and UCOP IT Governance committees.
- Provide guiding principles and clear organizational direction in collaboration with the CIO, Associate CIOs for Education, Research, Health, Enterprise Systems, and Director peers. Provide the IT staff with the context they need to be empowered and make good decisions.
- Identify opportunities to improve productivity, communications, and effectiveness.
- Provide technology leadership and act as a trusted advisor to executives, staff, business operations and mission-based leaders.
- Responsible for driving the future cloud enterprise resource planning (ERP) strategy and implementation efforts.
- Develop and implement a strategy for reducing the complexity of Business systems in a cost-effective manner, for example by decreasing the number of applications or moving away from legacy systems.
- Lead and drive business digital transformation through process optimization and automation. Robotic process automation, specialized cloud applications, and enterprise business systems platforms will be leveraged in a coordinated and integrated manner to achieve needed business transformation
- Drive operating rhythm to review funneled projects and prioritize automation projects based on cost benefit analysis and hand-over for development to technical teams
- Develop an internal quality assurance program leveraging key metrics that helps measure performance against SLA's, volumes, customer satisfaction & quality.
- Set the method and standards for eliciting requirements, defining standards and quality targets whilst managing multiple stakeholder perspective and expectations
- Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and operational teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required
- Enable effective practices in data governance, business intelligence, and data analysis.
- Leads Strategy and Roadmap development, Technology solution evaluation, execution of Sourcing processes (RFI, RFQ, RFP) and Financial/Cost Modeling for Technology solutions.
- Develops a diverse and resilient team ensuring high levels of employee engagement, operations performance excellence, and succession planning.
- Manage and developing team of Business Analysts, Quality Analysts, Vendors, Contractors and foster a strong customer service mind set throughout the team, while championing thought leadership and partnership with the business
- A Coach to direct reports as they build strategies and roadmaps.
- Creates and fosters career development and growth paths for team members in alignment with company and personal objectives.
- Assists direct reports with ongoing prioritization and resource allocation to ensure that the crucial business initiatives are delivered.
- Utilizes leadership skills, problem solving and decision-making skills to facilitate and encourage participation of team members to meet objectives in congruence with approved standards and guidelines.
- Establishes a mindset for delivering actionable insights and trusted information to business stakeholders.
- Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching business expectations
To see the salary range for this position (we recommend that you make a note of the job code and use that to look up): TCS Non-Academic Titles Search (ucop.edu)
Please note: The compensation ranges listed online for roles not covered by a bargaining unit agreement are very wide, however a job offer will typically fall in the range of 80% - 120% of the established mid-point. An offer will take into consideration the experience of the final candidate AND the current salary level of individuals working at UCSF in a similar role.
For roles covered by a bargaining unit agreement, there will be specific rules about where a new hire would be placed on the range.
To learn more about the benefits of working at UCSF, including total compensation, please visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html