Memphis Admissions Counselor/Recruiter (Student Services Professional 1 - MR07)
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
The Regional Admissions Counselor provides support for the University in a specific territory and surrounding region at college fairs, private high school visits and in one-on-one recruitment. The territory for this position is Memphis, TN, and surrounding areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends regional college fairs representing UTC and cultivating new applicants
- Creates private visits throughout the specific region to help promote UTC and meet with potential applicants
- Meets one-on-one with prospective students and families throughout the region to provide support for the admissions process
- Cultivates applicants through the region via email, text, and phone calls
- Creates and plans recruitment events within the specified region
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Knowledge of the specified region/area and the University as a whole
- Ability to self-start, multitask, and cultivate new conversations and relationships within the region
- Skills to easily navigate Microsoft Office programs
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and ability to extrapolate data from reports to drive daily work
Review of applications will begin October 14, 2022 and continue until the position is filled. Applications received by this date will receive priority consideration.
Minimum qualifications: Typically requires a bachelor's degree in a relevant field and two years of relevant experience, one year of which is experience in an Admissions or Enrollment Services office; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Must live within specified region or be willing to relocate at own expense.
Preferred qualifications: Three or more years' recruitment experience for a university or college, and prior knowledge of UTC are preferred.
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.