In general, the Executive Associate Dean (EAD) provides oversight of the activities of the Office of the Dean. Reporting directly to the Dean, the EAD works with the Dean's direct-reporting team to accomplish the mission of the College of Dentistry. The EAD generally works behind the scenes to solve problems, mediate disputes, and deal with issues before they are brought to the Dean. The EAD acts as a confidante and advisor to the Dean, acting as a sounding board for ideas.
In support of the Dean, the EAD is responsible for coordinating the overall functioning and performance of the College of Dentistry, providing day-to-day leadership and direction with respect to policies, practices, systems and operations in the College. The EAD is responsible for ensuring the College provides quality educational programs, a robust research portfolio and an engaged faculty in service to the College, campus, community and profession. Time spent teaching and doing research will be discussed at the time of the hiring. There will be some variability in this depending upon the successful candidate's interests and expertise.
The Executive Associate Dean will:
Provide general oversight of the activities of the Office of the Dean.
Proactively identify information that has the potential to be impactful and elevate issues to the Dean, along with options for resolution in a timely way.
Ensure the dean is well-prepared for meetings and other internal and external activities in collaboration with the Dean's administrative assistant.
Manage flow of issues, projects and problems with the Office of the Dean.
Represent the Dean, when necessary.
Oversee branding, publicity and communications.
Develop policies and procedures by interacting with all programs to promote consistency, minimize redundancy and encourage flexibility.
Prepare annual self-evaluation for submission to the Dean.
Oversee and evaluate staff in the Office of the Dean.
Communicate effectively with both internal and external constituencies.
Assist and guide all executive searches in the College.
Assist chairs as they work to recruit and retain faculty.
Provide day-to-day leadership and oversight of operations.
Advise Dean of personnel actions needed and implement Dean's directives regarding same.
Foster faculty pursuit of professional training opportunities and resources to increase their growth and development.
Provide timely and accurate reports as required by campus, state, and federal constituencies.
Exercise independent analysis and judgment in prioritizing situations requiring attention and take steps to ensure strategic and operational priorities progress in a timely fashion.
* Demonstrate strong organizational and interpersonal savvy, as well as emotional intelligence to accurately represent the Dean's position to internal and external constituencies.
* Support high academic and professional standards throughout all programs.
* Maintain an atmosphere of teamwork, respect, professionalism and integrity throughout all programs with administration, faculty, students and staff.
* Assures the College of Dentistry adheres to all campus, system, state and federal policies, procedures and laws.
* Works closely with chairs and directors to assure programmatic coordination and communication regarding resource allocation, policy development, quality assurance, accreditation standards and personnel issues.
* Ensure completeness, timeliness and accuracy of accreditation documents and reports.
* Ensure the College remains compliant with all relevant accrediting and professional licensing bodies.
* Maintain knowledge of current, relevant professional standards pertaining to all College programs.
* Oversee and guide the College in meeting requirements, completing annual reports and leading self-study and on-site visit preparations for accreditation.
* Provide strategic oversight of faculty participation in committees and student support organizations to ensure equitable consistent and timely representation across the College.
* Ensure interdisciplinary coordination, curricular innovation, clinical education oversight and a focus on quality teaching and learning effectiveness.
* Establishes and implements short and long-range organizational goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures for the College; monitor and evaluate programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effect changes required for improvement.
* Performs other projects and related functions as assigned