Associate Dean of Simulation and Clinical Learning - Open Rank
Location: New Brunswick, New Jersey
Internal Number: 135706
The Associate Dean of Simulation and Clinical Learning is an academic leadership role reporting to the Executive Vice Dean of Academics with a dotted line to the Dean and will serve as the lead administrator of the Rutgers School of Nursing's Center for Clinical Learning (the Center). The Associate Dean will direct and oversee all elements of operations and simulated learning at the Center for Clinical Learning. In collaboration with program faculty and leadership, the Associate Dean will be responsible for the selection, design, and evaluation of simulated clinical learning activities for the undergraduate and graduate degree programs at all School of Nursing campus sites, including responsibility for the development of student learning outcomes and evaluation metrics for each simulated activity. To ensure innovation, the Associate Dean will remain current with emerging, simulated clinical learning technologies, and incorporate appropriate new technologies into simulated clinical learning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the School's mission, vision, and goals.
· Directs and oversees all elements of operations and simulated learning at the School of Nursing's Center for Clinical Learning including quality improvement activities.
· In collaboration with program faculty, the Assistant Dean of the Center for Clinical Learning, and academic leadership, the Associate Dean designs, implements, and evaluates simulated clinical learning activities for the School's undergraduate and graduate degree programs at all School of Nursing campus locations.
· In collaboration per above, develops student learning objectives, learning outcome metrics, and student evaluation tools for all simulated clinical learning activities.
· Ensures that simulated learning activities are evidence-based, consistent with best clinical nursing and simulation practices, clinical syllabi objectives, accreditation standards, certification standards, and board of nursing requirements.
· Mentors and supervises the Assistant Dean of the Center for Clinical Learning and other staff as indicated.
· Collaborates closely with other healthcare disciplines at Rutgers and clinical partnership entities and participates in the design and delivery of interprofessional clinical learning including interprofessional, simulated patient care activities.
· Develops a Center for Clinical Learning Advisory Council comprised of faculty, administrators, and representatives from key clinical partnerships to ensure that simulated clinical learning activities at the Center are consistent with best practices and the learning needs of students.
· Submits recommendations and proposals to the Executive Deans and Dean as appropriate for program development, program expansion, budget management, and outcome achievement.
· Remains current in identifying and evaluating emerging clinical learning technologies and integrating them as appropriate into simulated clinical learning activities.
· Establishes and maintains relationships with external professional organizations including the Society for Simulation in Healthcare, or equivalent.
· Designs or participants in simulated clinical learning research and maintains a program of scholarship.
· Other duties as assigned.
Rutgers School of Nursing is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive community and seeks faculty and staff who embrace this commitment. Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.
Minimum Education and Experience:
· Three to five years of teaching in an academic or healthcare setting.
· Doctoral degree in nursing or other healthcare field (e.g. PhD, DNP, Ed.D).
· Demonstrated experience in simulation and other innovative academic technologies related to patient care including low fidelity and high fidelity patient simulators.
· Demonstrated experience in program and curricular development, the development of simulated patient care scenarios, student learning objectives, and metrics to evaluate learning.
· Experience in program, personnel, and student evaluation.
· Certification as a Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) or equivalent.
· Experience as the lead administrator of a patient care simulation / technology learning center.
· Experience in academic administration and leadership.
Eligibility for licensure as a Registered Nurse in New Jersey
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to work collaboratively with faculty and other disciplines.
· Demonstration of knowledge related to emerging and innovative clinical learning technologies.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state's preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Rutgers is dedicated to teaching that meets the highest standards of excellence; to conducting research that breaks new ground; and to turning knowledge into solutions for local, national, and global communities. As it was at our founding in 1766, the heart of our mission is preparing students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. Rutgers teaches across the full educational spectrum: preschool to precollege; undergraduate to graduate and postdoctoral; and continuing education for professional and personal advancement. Rutgers is New Jersey's land-grant institution and one of the nation's foremost research universities, and as such, we educate, make discoveries, serve as an engine of economic growth, and generate ideas for improving people's lives.