Modesto & Oakland, California
Hackensack, New Jersey
Multiple (Indicate locations in Job Description)
Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred and 1-3 years of experience required.
- Excellent written and oral skills, with previous experience in a writing, copywriting, or editing role preferred
- Experience managing social media accounts, with experience managing social media accounts on behalf of an organization or company preferred
- Experience (either personal or professional) shooting video and taking photographs, with experience taking candid, documentary-style videos and photos preferred.
- Experience with Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, or other video editing software
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or other photography editing software
- Experience with social media management and analytics tools, such as Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.
- High attention to detail
- Proficient at multi-tasking with excellent time management skills and an ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong applicants must be comfortable working in ambiguous situations with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Strong applicants must be proactive and flexible and willing to adapt to changing requirements or circumstances.
Applicants are asked to submit a portfolio that includes 3-5 work samples, including at least one written piece, one video, and one photograph.
Strong applicants will have a strong bent toward continuous improvement and be excited about the opportunity to learn and grow within the role. Strong applicants must be comfortable working in ambiguous situations with shifting priorities and deadlines. Strong applicants must be proactive and flexible and willing to adapt to changing requirements or circumstances.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the Back2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.