The Admissions Counselor performs a variety of duties in the recruitment and selection of students for undergraduate admission to Gannon University that positively impact overall enrollment. During several months of the year, work hours will routinely exceed the standard work week. Flexible scheduling, evening and weekend hours will be required. Must be able to support and promote the University's Mission.
1. Administer the university's recruitment programs by visiting secondary schools and community colleges within assigned areas. Represent the university at college fairs and receptions. Conduct meetings with students, parents and counselors. This responsibility requires extensive travel and often many days and weeks away from the office and from face-to-face interaction with colleagues.
2. Correspond and makes regular telephone, text messaging, or e-mail contact with applicants and prospective applicants. Participate in on-campus and off-campus events that would involve these student populations.
3. Social media usage will be imperative in the recruitment of future incoming students. Having the skill set to create content (videos, photos, etc.) and to properly deploy this content through social media is essential.
4. Work in a team environment and collaborate on projects while also being able to work individually and be driven to do more than just the minimum.
5. Perform other duties as assigned within the scope and responsibility and requirements of the job.
Founded in 1925, Gannon University is a four-year Catholic university committed to student-centered learning, with an emphasis on professional education integrated with faith-based, liberal-learning student outcomes.
Gannon has strategic university-wide initiatives that focus on and bring its purpose to life: Transform lives by creating environments for extraordinary moments and everyday connections that inspire others to become their best selves. These initiatives have fostered an inclusive, welcoming community that many refer to as the Gannon family.
Gannon University earned its first-ever Honor Roll status as a 2021 Great College to Work For, according to a new survey by The Great Colleges to Work For® program. It is one of 42 institutions across the country to earn Honor Roll distinction and was recognized in categories including Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging; Faculty Experience; Mission & Pride; and Professional Development. Gannon University was also ranked a top school in the nation by Wall Street Journal’s 2022 College Rankings, and ranked among the nation’s top universities by U.S. News and World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges 2022.”
Gannon University’s hom...e campus is located in Erie, Pennsylvania, the state’s fourth-largest city and one of the busiest ports on the Great Lakes. Gannon University’s unique location in downtown Erie and exceptional learning environments on campus create a special atmosphere conducive to education, scholarship, research, service, and personal growth.
Located right next door to Gannon's downtown campus are government agencies, hospitals, and local organizations and businesses that are active partners in helping Gannon students receive a hands-on education. The University's partnerships with downtown Erie neighborhoods, Erie County, and the Diocese of Erie strive to support the local community through numerous initiatives driven by students and employees.
Just steps away from Gannon’s campus in the heart of the city, you will also find restaurants, tax-free shopping, minor league sports, as well as a vibrant entertainment and cultural scene, and seven miles of Lake Erie beaches close by. Only a two-hour drive from Cleveland, Ohio; Buffalo, New York; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; and Niagara Falls, Canada, Erie has small-town friendliness and big-city attractions. For more information, please visit gannon.edu to learn more about Gannon’s campuses and the many attractions and accommodations within the surrounding regions.
Gannon University seeks excellence through inclusiveness and invites women and members of underrepresented groups to apply. Application Procedure: Submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information of three professional references to https://gannon.peopleadmin.com/postings/6304. Review of applications will begin immediately, and this position will remain open until filled. For more information about Gannon visit www.gannon.edu. Gannon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.