You have a place in the health care industry.?? There???s more to health care than IV bags and trauma rooms. We support all staff members as they find the path that is right for them. If you???re looking to leverage your abilities ??? you belong at Banner Health.?? Apply today!
The Grant Manager establishes and maintains sources of private grant support from the local and national community with a focus on cumulative giving ranging from $50,000 - $250,000. This position has primary responsibility for developing grant proposals in partnership with Banner Health clinical and operational leaders and stewarding activities for existing grant-funded projects. This position performs responsible, professional administrative work in identifying, developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities in alignment with Banner Health priorities and needs.
The Grants Manager cultivates both internal and external relationships in order to meet or exceed an annual fundraising goal of $650,000 comprised of grants from private Foundations. This position reports to and collaborates with the Chief Development Officer for Corporate & Foundation Relations as well as the Banner Health Foundation team to secure funds for key program priorities of healthcare.
The ideal candidate should have previous experience and proven success in the grant writing field and is energetic, goal-oriented and creative with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a talent for building strong relationships.
Banner Health Foundation fosters a spirit of giving by making health care solutions a reality. Caring for the future of Arizona since 1978, Banner Health Foundation is supported by the generosity of individuals, corporations, foundations and thousands of active volunteers. These charitable contributions are invested locally in Banner Health's nonprofit facilities and programs to advance the health and wellness of our community. Our Board of Directors oversees the Foundation's outreach efforts and provides counsel on management and strategic issues.
POSITION SUMMARY This position establishes and manages giving programs throughout the organization. This position cultivates both internal and external relationships in order to implement significant fundraising goals. Personally identifies prospects and solicits gifts. Provides leadership, training, and support to management, physicians, philanthropic council members, and community volunteers to implement established goals and objectives.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Participates in the development of long/short-term strategic plans to provide vision and direction for all aspects of the giving programs, including continuous prospect identification, qualification, coordination, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of all prospects to support the organizations overall mission.
2. Provides focused site-based fundraising management including personal solicitation of gifts. Researches and assesses donor potential for assigned facility / community to establish appropriate fundraising goals for various appeals.
3. Partners with facility senior management and physicians to identify new patient donors and implements a customized plan to meet facility fundraising objectives.
4. Identifies and recruits influential community leaders to participate in designated volunteer leadership roles, which could include the facility???s philanthropic development council. Serves as trainer and advisor to council members, fundraising, volunteers, and support staff and works collaboratively with them to accomplish specific program goals and objectives.
5. Identifies prospects and solicits gifts from donors in the community. Serves as a highly visible representative of the organization and establishes and maintains strong social and professional relationships with key community members in order to maximize funding opportunities.
6. Implements innovative marketing techniques to create a climate conducive to major giving in order to increase the number of major planned gifts and estate commitments.
7. Banner Health foundation solicits, receives, allocates, and serves as custodian for donations and planned gifts for individual facilities and the organization as a whole. The primary challenge for the incumbent is to identify and evaluate potential donors and make appropriate senior-level contacts throughout the community, leading to solicitation for philanthropic gifts. The incumbent must also provide leadership and direct solicitation for endowed chairs and major research funding. Implicit in this challenge is the need for the incumbent to continually develop and enhance the image of Banner Health and the assigned facilities, and motivate influential community leaders to act as fundraisers to promote Banner???s overall mission. Actively coordinates and prioritizes donor solicitation to ensure the maximum outcome.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Knowledge of business management or related area as normally acquired through the completion of a bachelors degree.
Skill level as typically achieved through a minimum of eight years fundraising experience.
Previous experience in program management. Familiarity with fundraising software to track donors and measure progress against goals.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelors degree. Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification. Prior experience in raising funds for research, medical education, and/or Centers of Excellence. Familiarity with healthcare and hospital operations.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.