Responsible for coordinating the Earth and Environmental Sciences undergraduate and graduate programs, assisting the Department Chair with operational and week-to-week decision-making. Will provide reception support to the STEPS building as well as general clerical and administrative support to the Department. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Earth & Environmental Sciences (EES) undergraduate and graduate program coordination *Assists the Department Chair, Undergraduate Instruction Committee and Graduate Instruction Committee with course line schedules, inputting data into the Banner database and follows up throughout registration and beyond to update course capacities to meet the needs of students and the Department *Arranges course, curriculum and catalog changes *Coordinates student recruitment and helps guide prospective undergraduate students and families who are interested in EES *Works with the College of Arts and Sciences Graduate Studies, entering and updating application data *Assists undergraduate students with major and minor declarations, class overrides, forms and assigns Advisors *Maintains and monitors electronic student records and files *Arranges logistics and organizes prospective graduate students campus visits * Prepares graduate TA, RA, Fellowship and GA appointments, inputs information into Tuition Tool, prepares tuition award forms and grad student letters for tuition and stipend each semester *Prepares and processes graduate student payroll forms * Prepares resources for foreign students such as the STEP-UP program for non-native English speakers *Assigns office space for EES graduate students, Visiting Scholars and Post Docs
2. Perform administrative support for the EES Department *Compiles statistics, data and prepares reports as requested *Administers and coordinates EES faculty and staff searches *Provides general problem-solving for the Department and Department Chair *Provides secondary expense report reconciliation for faculty and staff *Produces audio recordings of Department meetings and uploads these audio files to the EES Administrative Coursesite *Maintains Department operations, Coursesite and various department-shared Google drives *Coordinates hires, prepares new hire paperwork, trains, guides and supervises student workers *Prepares FedEx paperwork and arranges pick up, when necessary *Receives, forwards and responds to e-mails and phone calls *Responds to in-person/walk-in inquiries *Assists faculty in ordering textbooks and desk copies *Maintains a schedule with office hours for each faculty member; develops and maintains a calendar for classes each semester *Maintains electronic-files of EES course syllabi each semester
3. Communications *Works with faculty on content for Departmental web pages, the newsletter and social media *Supervises student workers *Markets and communicates EES events, internship opportunities, jobs etc. to students, faculty, staff and alumni
4. Planning and hosting EES events, seminars and Department meetings *Updates the Department events calendar and website *Provides support to EES faculty in the organization, planning and logistics of special events *Arranges logistics for visiting guest lecturers and other Department guests *Coordinates and arranges meetings for students, faculty and staff
5. EES summer and special curricular support *Aids faculty in the rostering of EES summer courses and programs *Assists the EES Field Camp Director with marketing, communications, registration and logistics of the field camp program
6. STEPS Building Responsibilities *Performs clerical and Receptionist responsibilities for the STEPS Building *Maintains the copy machine, copy room and orders supplies *Receives incoming mail and distributes it to faculty, staff and student mailboxes *Receives and signs for deliveries through the loading dock *Provides or arranges minor first aid care *Arranges signing out of building keys and lock outs *Other tasks as assigned by the EES Department Chair
Position Number: S76810
The duties of this position may allow the employee to work partially remote as deemed appropriate by their supervisor
High school diploma or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Three to five years related work experience
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service required
Excellent writing ability and organizational skills
Supervisory experience beneficial
Experience with content development for the web and social media
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
All Lehigh faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.