Responsible for preparing undergraduate students for professional success and leadership in both the domestic and global business contexts. Will organize professional development programming in coordination with others in the College of Business. Will collaborate with faculty, alumni, employers and other professionals in program design and delivery. Will serve as the key point person to facilitate student organization support. The incumbent will oversee the planning, implementation and improvement of major events and communications. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Plan, develop, administer, assess and continuously improve the undergraduate business co-curriculum to complement students' academic curriculum and prepare them for success in business situations in the U.S. and abroad *Assess business student needs and preferences on an ongoing basis to identify professional development programming priorities every semester, with an emphasis on business career-related skills development that complements programming offered by Lehigh Center for Career and Professional Development *Develop and oversee development of programming from across the College that meets students' needs in terms of content, mode, frequency and timing; engage Lehigh alumni, employers, staff, faculty and others as appropriate to develop and offer the most current, salient programming possible, within timeline and budget expectations *Evaluate and make recommendations for appropriate software (e.g. Suitable) to support co-curriculum program architecture, implementation, advising and reporting *Use approved software application (e.g. Suitable) to implement programming on time and on budget, conduct evidence-based assessment of student utilization and learning results and determine, plan and implement opportunities for continuous improvement *Coordinate teams of Undergraduate Office staff, faculty and other staff and student leadership to implement, track and support engagement student participation in programming; coordinate, implement, assess and continuously improve marketing strategy for co-curriculum *Lead day-to-day operations of undergraduate and graduate student staff responsible for supporting program implementation *Develop goals and provide regular reports of outcomes with respect to this accountability *Support the Associate Dean and Director in activities to secure ongoing program funding and inform program budgets developed by the Director; manages co-curriculum expenses within assigned budget parameters
2. Serve as the key point person to promote and support business student organization success *Provide and support advising and networking to advance the collaboration and success of business student organizations, complementing efforts of the Student Activities Office, faculty advisors and other student club advisors *Meet regularly with club and organization leaders through Club Council meetings to provide support, advising and resources; retain current Director of club and organization leaders and advisors for the Department; support faculty and club and organization members in ensuring both effective student and faculty advisor transitions as required *Provide tools and workshops to business organization leaders and members to help them develop as leaders and engage members in mission-focused activities *Use technology to the fullest extent possible to help advance business student organization success *Partner with the Associate Dean, Director and other Associate Deans to engage student organization leaders and members in various activities that require student spokespersons and representatives *Develop goals and provide regular reports of outcomes with respect to this accountability
3. Oversee the planning, implementation and continuous improvement of Undergraduate Office communications to promote student engagement in development opportunities outside the classroom *Oversee development, dissemination and continuous improvement of Undergraduate Programs co-curricular communications and promotion across the Office, including in the co-curricular software application, Week at a Glance e-newsletter, email blasts and other social media *Coordinate promotion of experiential programs administered through the Undergraduate Programs Office, aiming for the highest participation possible *Support communications associated with Undergraduate Programs marketing to prospective students and other external audiences *Other projects as assigned by the Associate Dean, Director
4. As an active member of the Associate Dean, Director's Office leadership team, the Associate Director will also collaborate closely with the Associate Dean, Director and other Associate Directors in the Office to ensure coordinated leadership of efforts across the office to advance the Office’s mission and achieve Office goals *Provide input to Office goal setting and assessment plans and submit outcome and improvement reports according to timelines *Lead Office initiatives that advance the Undergraduate Programs Office mission and tap the unique strengths and talents of our Office team; also collaborate and participate as a team player on other initiatives lead by others in the Office *Meet regularly with Office and programming teams to exchange updates and coordinate goals, programs and timelines *Collaborate to ensure coordinated communications that support Office mission and increase student connection-making, use and benefits obtained from Lehigh's various support services *Actively cross boundaries as required to ensure essential Office operations; recognize important tasks that need to be done, proactively identify and address problems and opportunities that can impact team performance, facilitate information flows and pitch in as necessary to support Office mission *Other activities as assigned
5. Represent the College of Business Undergraduate Programs Office to constituencies internal and external to Lehigh and promote the Lehigh Business learning accomplishments to external audiences in a variety of venues *Participate in events and outreach to prospective students and community groups *Represent Lehigh Business Undergraduate Programs Office at various venues with alumni, families and prospective students *Represent Lehigh Business Undergraduate Programs Office at external meetings including such groups as the National Undergraduate Business Symposium *Other duties as assigned
6. Participate in appropriate professional associations external to Lehigh to promote the College of Business’ reputation, exchange best practices and gain ongoing professional development; network and conduct ongoing benchmarking research to stay current and on the "leading edge" of best practices
Grade: 9 – 40
Position Number: S83240
The duties of the position do not allow for a remote work option; the employee in this position will be required to work on campus where they can be fully accessible to the Lehigh community.
This position is funded by soft dollars; there is no severance associated with this position
This position works with minors
Master’s Degree in Communications or related degree in Business or Education or equivalent combination of education and experience
Five to eight years related work experience
Mastery of communications skills
Ability to teach and mentor undergraduate students
Demonstrated ability to develop strategy and vision
Demonstrated ability to lead projects that integrate various perspectives, garner consensus and achieve results
General business operations knowledge and work experience in the private sector
Instructional or academic advising experience
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Because of increasing COVID case counts in the region and new information about the characteristics of the Delta/Omicron variant, all Lehigh faculty and staff will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received the booster shot, unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.