VP, Enterprise Data Management, Reporting & Analytics
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Internal Number: R58691
IT Info Tech Admin-Corp
Here for everyone. At Banner Health, we value and celebrate equity, diversity and inclusion. We care about you, your career and your future.If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health.
Innovation and highly trained staff. The Information Technology professionals at Banner Health are utilizing cutting edge technology to change health care for the better. Banner Health IT is selected as one of the Insider Pro and Computerworld's 100 Best Places to work in IT for 2020!!
The Vice President of Data Management, Reporting and Analytics will oversee talent development, by continuing to grow and develop an amazing team as we connect technology in equipment, the insurance, and population health. The center hub of all roads leading to data; dashboards, cloud storage, enterprise warehouse, and data governance to name a few.
We offer a competitive compensation package to include annual bonus, relocation, retirement plans, leadership time off, wellness benefits for you and your family, plus excellent growth and advancement opportunities
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package.Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing leadership in the development, implementation, and oversight of standards, systems, policies, and procedures in alignment with organizational strategic initiatives for designated system-wide or regional facility, programmatic, or operational/functional areas, ensuring a collaborative, open, and inclusive work environment that is focused on quality of outcomes and superior service orientation. This position serves as the primary advisor to the organization's senior management team on matters related to assigned area of responsibility. Monitors and oversees compliance of customer service, stakeholder relations, workforce, and financial goals and objectives as developed by the Board of Directors and senior executive management. This position is responsible for serving as a role model to staff across the system and representing Banner in a positive manner both within and outside the organization.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides leadership in development, implementation, and oversight of system-wide/regional standards, programs, and/or systems in order to achieve desired and integrated strategic business initiatives, objectives, and outcomes including, but not limited to, growth, accountability and patient care.
2. Directs, supervises, and evaluates the work of staff. Holds management staff accountable for achieving plans and performance targets. Works with them to identify and resolve the most complex issues and problems impacting initiatives and operations. Develops staff to ensure continued professional growth and to provide the competencies the company needs to support its growth and long-term success. Articulates and demonstrates an expectation for continuous quality improvement utilizing processes that include consideration of all stakeholders. Fosters an environment that focuses on processes and outcomes.
3. Builds and supports effective collegial relationships with applicable internal and external stakeholders and organizations, ensuring and fostering a high level of collaboration in order to develop partnerships, coordinate activities, review work, exchange information, and/or resolve problems. Promotes and models positive relationships among various entities.
4. Oversees the development, implementation, and consistent application of effective organizational policies and practices. Participates in maintaining an effective internal control environment to ensure that assets are safeguarded, policies and operating procedures are followed, necessary controls are effective and efficient, proper compliance with existing laws and regulations achieved, and operations comply with the legal and regulatory parameters in which it operates.
5. Develops, reviews, and monitors financial and performance outcomes to assure attainment of organizational objectives established by corporate leadership and the Board of Directors. Maintains an effective budgeting and capital planning discipline in conjunction with operational management to ensure planned revenues, expenses, and/or profit goals are met.
6. Directs the development and integration of new and innovative operations and/or services by providing leadership that maximizes management staff's contributions and assures timely decision-making reflective of the mission, vision, and values of the system.
7. Reviews, prepares, analyzes, and presents reports and recommendations to senior management regarding operations and/or other applicable areas of interest in order to provide concise and accurate information that aids in decision-making.
8. May serve as a staff resource to the organization's Governing Board and/or applicable committees. Develops, implements, and reports to the Board on strategic initiatives, outcomes, and measurements.
9. This position has administrative leadership responsibility for the daily operation of multiple services and departments within a broad division. This position requires the skill to negotiate. Customers of this position are both internal and external, including leadership, staff, medical staff, regulatory agencies, and the community.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Master's Degree in Business, Health Services Administration or a relevant field, or equivalent level of education and experience. Strong knowledge of operations in applicable area(s) of position responsibility, as normally obtained through seven years of progressively responsible managerial experience in applicable area(s) of position responsibility, including a minimum of three years management level experience within a health care system setting or large multi-operational, complex corporate environment.
Depending upon assigned area of responsibility, position may require applicable certifications and/or licensures, including but not limited to: RN; MD or DO; CPA; SPHR; JD from an American Bar Association accredited school; admission to a State Bar Association.
Experience working in a large, highly-matrixes, integrated delivery system in a senior management level position. Proven track record of driving strategic and performance outcomes, as well as accomplishing organizational goals. Experience anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers. Proven experience in managing fiscally sound, profitable, efficient, and responsible operations. Strong financial and business acumen. Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting methodologies. Skilled in effectively engaging management level staff, employees, and stakeholders in order to build partnerships, achieve strategic initiatives, and attain organizational goals; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while approaching issues/problems by considering the larger perspective or context; mentoring and coaching management level staff by providing open and honest feedback that results in enhanced performance outcomes; developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that demonstrate a strong commitment to organizational success; effectively allocating resources in order to accomplish organizational goals; quickly assessing and assimilating organizational and industry financial dynamics in order to make appropriate decisions and act quickly on new initiatives; negotiating win-win scenarios with outside vendors/partners while representing the organization in the best possible light; developing collaborative relationships with internal and/or external strategic partners and/or other applicable parties. Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: systems-thinker; innovative; collaborator; ability to work with teams; good listening; nonvolatile; values multiple disciplines; community visibility and leadership; and passionate about continuous improvement and providing high quality service to our customers.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.