Responsible for managing finances and accounting, employment administration and payroll of student staff, administrative and clerical support, customer services demonstration and website maintenance for the Community Service Office. The Coordinator will serve as an administrative resource for the professional and paraprofessional staff members in the Community Service Office on designated projects, including but not limited to, America Read/Counts tutoring program, Ropes Challenge Course, Community Schools, etc. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Financial and accounting operations for the Community Service Office *Monitor office accounts tracking, maintaining and reconciling budget accounts, transactions and financial statements using Banner (Lehigh’s Database) and Desktop Finance *Utilize Banner Data Collect as a method of charging, crediting and transferring expenses *Verifies data for departmental accounting records and resolves any discrepancies between internal files and the Banner Financial reporting system on a monthly basis *Prepare various accounting forms, such as requests for reimbursement, payroll authorizations, payment of bills, time sheets, assignment appointment forms, etc. *Perform comparison analysis of products and services to ensure best quality for lowest cost *Compile budget information into departmental spreadsheet and provide monthly updates to Assistant Dean and Director of Community Service Office (CSO) *Work with appropriate staff to oversee financial accounts as the fiscal agent for Lehigh’s three community school partnership sites *Responsible for processing monthly grant payments from United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley to support community school partnership sites *Responsible for processing monthly grant payments from United Way of the Greater Lehigh valley to support community engagement work conducted on behalf of faculty, staff or students *Responsible for processing additional grant funding opportunities as secured in support of community school partnership and other community engagement initiatives *Responsible for keeping Asst. Dean and Director of CSO informed on budgetary spending to staying within budget and follow budgetary guideline *Serve as primary contact and resource for GoldPlus machine utilization and operation for office programs coordinated by students *Resolve monthly corporate card statements for Asst. Dean and Director of CSO *May develop recommendations for improving departmental and area programs and processes
2. Work-study, wage and volunteer staff administrative and payroll processes *Assist with hiring searches for new professional staff *Submit new hire documents and other forms to payroll for professional staff *Direct hiring process for all student staff, including but not limited to, Graduate Assistants, graduate interns, undergraduate interns and fellows, CSO student coordinators, America Reads/Counts tutors and Ropes Course facilitators *Work with Payroll and Financial Aid Offices to process all necessary paperwork for tutors, work-study and wage student employees, including, but not limited to, processing of I-9 forms, W-4 forms, Residency Certifications and Direct Deposit authorizations; archiving all supporting material *Responsible for web timesheet approval for tutors, work-study and wage student employees *Responsible for approving time entry for tutors, work-study and wage student employees *Perform basic data entry operations to support office programs and selection or application processes for programs *Process all paperwork and keep files associated with the tutors, work-study and wage student employees, including state and federal background checks and clearances
3. Administrative and clerical support to the Community Service Office *Establish, maintain and monitor files and records *Is knowledgeable of and follows applicable policies for record keeping and retention of university documents *Make room reservations utilizing the R25 Calendar and Reservation system to support office programs *Oversee room reservations, executes catering contracts and aides in the organization of conferences, receptions, etc. on behalf of the CSO *Coordinate logistical arrangements including, schedules, hotel, transportation and payment of visiting speakers, consultants or guests *Provide administrative support for on-going and one time office programs and projects *Assist with event planning and logistics, prepares invitations, document and monitors expenses *Ensure that scheduled meetings run smoothly due to pre-planning and the effective management of logistics *Manage calendar and provide scheduling assistance for Assistant Dean and Director with highest level of discretion *Coordinate travel arrangements needed for Assistant Dean and Director *Make copies, send faxes and operate document scanner *Receive and process incoming and outgoing office mail *Maintain office equipment and supplies *Assist with preparing material and other related items for meetings, as needed *Assist with marketing and program publicity, as needed *Types materials and corrects grammatical errors, spelling and punctuation, as needed *May develop recommendations for improving departmental and area programs and processes
4. Provides front-facing customer service on behalf of the CSO *Provide customer service to walk-in traffic for the CSO *Ensure phone, in-person and e-mail inquiries are addressed and resolved in a thorough and timely manner *Assist with and resolve non-routine problems in a thorough and timely manner *Serve as a resource to families, agents, vendors, non-profit agencies, student programmers, community schools, Lehigh faculty, students and staff *Take and relay messages to the appropriate personnel or department *Coordinate and arrange appointments and meetings
5. Maintains departmental websites and other online interfaces *Serve as primary contact for website related inquiries and requests from professional staff and student coordinators *Work as a liaison with Library and Technology Services (LTS) to ensure accurate and timely updates to departmental websites that are technologically beyond Coordinator's scope *Regularly participate in training and development opportunities to ensure up to date knowledge base for website maintenance *Post and update material on departmental websites including; text, photos, videos, graphics *Design layout and graphics for website based on feedback, input and ideas from professional staff and student coordinators *Assist in determining nature of web page content, appropriate length and formatting *Seek out ways to incorporate social media and new web technology into program specific and departmental websites
Grade: 7 – 37.5
Position Number: S73600
The duties of this position may allow the employee to work partially remote as deemed appropriate by their supervisor
This position is funded by hard dollars
This position has contact with minors
High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor's Degree preferred
Three to five years related work experience
Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service required
Ability to build, foster and maintain positive professional relationships
Excellent organizational skills, time management and sound judgment
Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and a high degree of initiative for bringing tasks to completion
Solid writing ability, attention to detail and organizational skills
Solid analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Because of increasing COVID case counts in the region and new information about the characteristics of the Delta variant, all Lehigh faculty and staff will be required to be fully vaccinated unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.