Location Address: 9100 W. 74th Street, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
Employee Referral Program
Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Conduct initial and annual re-assessments of children on caseload.
· Develop comprehensive treatment plans for the family and insurance companies.
· Provide direct individual ABA treatment to assist children to develop maximum cognitive, social, self-help, communication and motor skills.
· Train and provide ongoing supervision to the Lead Autism Paraprofessionals who implement the treatment plans.
· Collaborate with other Pathways team members including physical, occupational, speech-language and music therapists as well as early childhood special educators.
· Conduct parent training sessions individually and in a group setting.
· Facilitate team conferences and meetings.
· Collaborate with director and social worker on individual child and family needs and accessing community resources.
· Train and educate students, interns, volunteers, and patient’s family members.
· Provide necessary information and support procurement of insurance authorizations.
· Maintain a professional team relationship with co-workers by being considerate of workloads, assisting with duties, and being supportive toward their continued growth.
· Communicate honestly and confront issues and problems in a private setting.
· Respect each discipline’s expertise and knowledge; not question someone’s expertise in front of the patient/family.
· Return phone calls and emails in a timely manner, and be punctual for scheduled work hours, meetings, and patient treatment.
· Utilize computer access confidentially, appropriately and following HIPAA guidelines, including appropriate use of social media.
· Complete all charges and documentation in accordance with department practice, policy and procedure in a timely fashion.
· Provide quality patient care skills/procedures in a manner that takes into account the special needs of the patient, e.g., age, culture, learning ability, etc.
· Demonstrate the initiative to learn and apply new processes and procedures by attending in-services, pertinent continuing education seminars, and reading professional journals and sharing that information with team members.
· Report any equipment or maintenance problems and safety concerns to Office Coordinator and/or Manager.
· Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and organize workload in an efficient and productive manner in the assigned work time.
· Demonstrate ability to adapt to constant changes in schedule and environment.
· Participate in staff meetings and training
What You Will Need:
· Master’s Degree
· 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience
Board Certified Behavior Analyst by BACB
· Missouri Behavior Analyst License within 30 days of hire
Lee Ann Britain Infant Development Center (Britain IDC) is an early intervention program for children from birth through six years of age with special needs. The Pathways Program is an early intervention program within Britain IDC that is specifically designed to serve the needs of young children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
The Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) is responsible for overseeing the behavioral treatment plan of each child who is enrolled in the Pathways Program in collaboration with the child’s team of therapists (physical, occupational, speech-language, and music) and teachers. The BCBA provides supervision for all Lead Autism Paraprofessionals who are implementing behavioral programs.
S/he is accountable for using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to establish and carry out individual child treatment plans and working within the parameters of the Behavior Analyst Certification Board regulatory standards and established policies, protocols and procedures.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.