Assistant Director, Traditional Baccalaureate S...
Mount Saint Mary's University
Location: Los Angeles, California
Internal Number: 2608134
Assistant Director, Traditional Baccalaureate S...
About Mount Saint Mary's University:
Mount Saint Mary's is the only women's university in Los Angeles and one of the most diverse in the nation. The University is known nationally for its research on gender equity, its innovative health and science programs, and its commitment to community service. As a leading liberal arts institution, Mount Saint Mary's provides year-round, flexible and online programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Weekend, evening and graduate programs are offered to both women and men. Mount alums are engaged, active, global citizens who use their knowledge and skills to better themselves, their communities and the world. www.msmu.edu
Mount Saint Mary's University is an equal opportunity employer. The University is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The University will not assist applicants with any visa matters. A background check will be required. Applicants must also provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination of condition of employment.
Under the direction of the Director, BSN programs, the Assistant Director is responsible for the supervision and overseeing of program staff. Develop and coordinate activities of the programs in an effort to enhance the student advisement experience. Counsel and advise students in cooperation with program director and faculty. Act as a liaison to other University departments regarding advisement and admissions. Serve as a resource to other academic advisors across the University on relevant academic policies and procedures providing accurate and timely information. Develop and maintain relationships with academic departments to facilitate the inter-program transfer process for students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinate the advisement activities and the advising process for the program.
2. Maintain confidential student files and records documenting all pertinent academic information within the college, upholding FERPA regulations.
3. Accurately advise assigned students and drop-ins on classes, academic requirements, and policies.
4. Oversee the and pre BSN and BSN admissions process and assist the admissions office in recruitment activities
5. Respond to student concerns/problems, and referring students to appropriate resources, including counseling services.
6. Coordinate summer advising (including faculty advisor confirmations for events/dates and appointment schedules) for the program in conjunction with the Chalon campus Advisement Center.
7. Coordinate articulation agreements and student clinical placement with the Clinical Placement Office.
8. Establish relationships with department chairs responsible for baccalaureate degrees to create and maintain emphases for the liberal arts and pre BSN programs.
9. Oversee the maintenance of all data and workflow for the program.
10. Ensure the maintenance of student databases and systems.
11. Collaborate with career services and ISAE to address student needs.
12. Oversee the assignment of faculty, courses and classrooms for the program.
13. Assist with hiring, coordination and evaluation of adjunct faculty
14. Guide, direct, and support the day-to-day activities of administrative and advisement support personnel.
15. Represent the program at program director meetings and committees.
16. Serve as a resource for exploratory/undecided students.
17. Maintain teaching responsibility at 30% of full faculty member
Thorough knowledge of University academic policies and procedures, general studies requirements and major requirements of all disciplines.
Knowledge of advising theory including development advising as needed.
Strong working knowledge of computers (including MS Office and databases). Knowledge of Colleague/canvas, ImageNow
Knowledge of BRN program requirements
Abilities and Skills:
Effectively prioritize and organize multiple tasks to meet established deadlines. Analytical and very detail-oriented. Work well with diverse population.
Strong interpersonal, organizational, and oral/written communication skills.
Ability to lead and supervise full-time staff and student employees.
Master's degree with course work in nursing, education, or administration is required; terminal degree preferred.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of direct job-related professional experience, including one (1) year's continuous experience, or equivalent, as a registered nurse providing direct patient care.
Requires two (2) years of teaching experience in a pre- or post-licensure registered nursing program or equivalent.
Experience with CCNE accreditation and BRN approval.
Supervisory experience highly preferred.
Experience with transcript analysis highly desired.
Licenses and Certifications:
Must hold or be eligible to hold a clear and active registered nurse license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
The University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse student population and workforce as a reflection of our commitment to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of learning. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to be a student or to work for the University.
TO APPLY complete the on-line application and include a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, and 3-5 references.
Mount Saint Mary's University is an independent, Catholic, liberal arts university which provides a values-based undergraduate education for women, as well as innovative programs for professional men and women on two historic campuses in Los Angeles. The Mount is the only Catholic university primarily for women in the Western United States. It is also nationally recognized for its academic programs, its culturally diverse student body, and its focus on preparing the next generation of citizen leaders.