• The new developmental-behavioral pediatrician or neurodevelopmental pediatrician will support the continued growth of the Division of Child Development and Rehabilitation.
• The division is active in the evaluation and management of children with global developmental delay, autism spectrum disorder, ADHD/ADD, neurodevelopmental disabilities and cerebral palsy.
• Scholarly and research interests are highly desirable, along with experience in teaching medical students and residents.
• The candidate must be board-certified in pediatrics and fellowship trained in neuro-developmental disabilities or developmental-behavioral pediatrics.
• The compensation package and academic rank (associate or assistant professor) will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
• EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
• Peoria, the largest Illinois metropolitan area outside of Chicago and St. Louis, is home to a a large collection of medical research, educational and clinical facilities including the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria and Jump Trading Simulation & Education Center.
• Peoria, Illinois, offers a range of residential opportunities whether you are looking for something out of the way, in the woods, along the river or right in the heart of the city.
• Peoria is also home to a number of performance venues, museums, art galleries and more than two dozen historic landmarks of both local and national fame.
About OSF HealthCare Children’s Hospital
OSF HealthCare Children's Hospital of Illinois in Peoria is the third largest pediatric hospital in Illinois and the only full service tertiary hospital for kid’s downstate. With 136 beds and more than 141 pediatric subspecialists, OSF Children's Hospital cares for more children in Illinois than any hospital outside of Chicago. Formally established as a pediatric hospital within the walls of OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center in 1990, OSF Children's Hospital has over 7,000 admissions; 2,500 newborn deliveries, and 18,000 emergency department visits each year. More at https://www.osfhealthcare.org/childrens/.
Mission Driven Culture
Our Mission is not just a statement for our providers – it’s a way of life. Everyone at OSF HealthCare is a Mission Partner, working to serve with the greatest care and love. Our Mission doesn’t just guide our interactions with patients; it drives every interaction we have with one another.
OSF HealthCare is an integrated health system owned and operated by The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, headquartered in Peoria, Illinois.
OSF HealthCare employs nearly 21,000 Mission Partners in 124 locations, including 14 hospitals with 1,874 licensed acute care beds, 18 urgent care locations, 11 centers for health, and two colleges of nursing throughout Illinois and Michigan.
The OSF HealthCare physician network employs 1,300 primary care, specialist, and advanced practice providers.
Driven by OSF HealthCare Mission, our physicians and advanced practice providers have been serving patients and families with the greatest care and love for over 140 years. From general practice to specialty clinics, OSF HealthCare offers a wide array of career opportunities for providers.
Research and Innovation
Our physicians and advanced practice provid...ers are at the forefront of health care innovation. At OSF HealthCare, you will partner with an organization not only rich in history, but one helping to shape the future of health care. You’ll have the opportunity to utilize the Jump Trading Simulation & Education Center, a state-of-the-art-research and innovation facility that offers advanced simulation training for medical professionals.
We partner with the University Of Illinois College Of Medicine on research and teaching opportunities and encourage our providers to seek positions of leadership within our organization.
At OSF HealthCare, we understand work and life should always be in balance. Providing for the health and well-being of all of our health care providers is a core value. By providing supportive work environments and a wide range of provider benefits, we hope to ensure a positive employment experience. These benefits are also available for providers working less than full time.
Join the No. 1 team
Find where you belong at OSF HealthCare, ranked the No. 1 health care employer in Illinois – and Top 10 nationally – by Forbes magazine.