Rider University's Counseling Services seeks a Mental Health Counselor for a 10-month, full-time position. This position will provide direct psychological services to graduate and undergraduate students including: individual/group/couples counseling; crisis assessment and intervention; point person for student follow-up and referrals; and on-call coverage after hours. Additional activities will include professional training and consultation to faculty, staff and students. Psychoeducation to the campus community is a priority, duties will include developing and conducting outreach programs for the campus community, and providing supervision to counseling trainees.
· LCSW or licensed at the clinical level
· 3-5 years of experience providing clinical mental health counseling, supervision and crisis management preferably in a counseling center or group setting
· Experience with a variety of mental health issues, psychiatric disorders, substance use prevention, and adjustment disorders
· Ability to provide individual, group and couples therapy
· Skill in assessment, case conceptualization and treatment planning
· Ability to develop and implement outreach and community programming
· Demonstrated ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
· Experience assisting individuals in navigating care and insurance systems
· Ability to design and implement training activities for staff
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, administrative and organizational skills
· Computer literacy
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to supporting students across a broad range of identities and experiences such as underrepresented, marginalized, and/or under-resourced students inclusive of economic background, education level, ethnicity, gender identity, and expression, immigration status, political views, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and veteran status.
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience:
· Doctorate in counseling, clinical, professional psychology or a closely related field
· NJ Psychology License or NJ Psychology provisional license
· Experience with a university/college population
· Experience and comfort collaborating with agencies, departments, hospitals, and other community systems of care
· Experience in a counseling center providing an APA-accredited psychology internship and/or other training programs
About Rider University:
The Rider University community is composed of faculty, staff and students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University has been included as one of the nation's best universities by US News & World Report and remained in the top tier in the Regional Universities – North category. Additionally, The Princeton Review named Rider among its
"As a learner-centered University dedicated to the education of the whole student, Rider provides students the intellectual resources and breadth of student life opportunities of a comprehensive university with the personal attention and close student-faculty interactions of a liberal arts college.Through a commitment to high quality teaching, scholarship and experiential opportunities, faculty on both campuses provide undergraduate and graduate students rigorous and relevant programs of study to expand their intellectual, cultural and personal horizons and develop their leadership skills. Our highly regarded programs in the arts, social sciences, sciences, music, business and education challenge students to become active learners who can acquire, interpret, communicate and apply knowledge within and across disciplines to foster the integrative thinking required in a complex and rapidly changing world."