Lecturer/Teaching Assistant Professor, Mathematics
North Carolina A&T State University
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Internal Number: 23025
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at North Carolina A&T State University invites applications for a 9-month, full-time, non-tenure-track lecturer or teaching assistant professor position in Mathematics. The initial appointment of the position is two years and it is eligible for renewal.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to, teaching undergraduate mathematics or statistics courses, conducting mathematical tutoring and supplemental instruction, serving as an academic advisor for the math majors, supporting department student success initiatives, participating in course and curriculum development, and providing other academic services to the Department, College of Science & Technology and the University.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit:
North Carolina A & T State University is a public, doctoral/research and 1890 land-grant university that enrolls over 13,000 students. The Department of Mathematics and Statistics is an academic unit within the College of Science and Technology, seeking to provide undergraduate and graduate students with an inviting environment that inspires them to become leaders in their fields and areas of expertise. The Department of Mathematics & Statistics offers degree programs in Pure Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, and Mathematics Secondary Education at the B.S. level, Applied Mathematics at the M.S. level, and a doctoral concentration in Data Science and Analytics within the multidisciplinary PhD program in Applied Science and Technology. The Department also offers two minor programs in Applied Mathematics and Mathematics Secondary Education, and an undergraduate certificate program in Data Science and Analytics, and is a major contributor to an online graduate certificate program in Data Analytics offered by the Graduate College. In terms of student credit hours taught, it is, as befits a STEM oriented university, the largest department in the College of Science and Technology.
Internal job number: 000949
Applicants must have a Master's degree in mathematical sciences or mathematical education with at least 18 credit hours of graduate mathematics/statistics courses. For an appointment of teaching assistant professor, a Ph.D. degree in mathematics, statistics or mathematical education is required. The candidate must be able to demonstrate excellence in teaching diverse populations and have two or more years of college/university level teaching experience.
The successful applicant should be familiar with recent student-centered active and engaged learning strategies and pedagogies in undergraduate mathematics instruction and student engagement, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a commitment to general education mathematics instruction, high-quality customer services, and student success initiatives.
1. You must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application.
2. Applicants seeking Veteran's Preference must attach a DD 214 form. Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty with your application during the process of applying to the job posting.
3. Final candidates are subject to criminal and sex offender background checks.
4. North Carolina A&T State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
5. North Carolina A&T State University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. No one who applies or seeks employment will be denied admission to or employment at North Carolina A&T State University on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or sexual orientation and sexual identity.
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University is one of the nation’s most highly respected doctoral research, land-grant institutions. With an enrollment of almost 11,000 students, we are committed to fulfilling our mission through exemplary undergraduate and graduate instruction, scholarly and creative research, and effective public service. As a member of the A&T family you will be an integral part of its history and future – joining more than 1,800 current faculty and staff. You will be expected to be a leader and mentor. You will influence the minds that will affect our world. As a change agent, you will use your intellect and influence to make a positive impact on the greater A&T community. A&T will be more than your job, it will become your passion—and that commitment to yourself and others will last a lifetime. Because that’s what Aggies Do!