POSITION PURPOSE: Two to three sentences describing the overall purpose of the position.
Admits patients for outpatient surgical and minor procedures. Assists patients in a courteous and professional manner. Directs patients and distributes paperwork. Acts as a financial counselor and collects time of service payments. Performs administrative and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Maximum of ten functions in order of percentage of time spent on functions from longest to shortest; do not list anything that does not represent at least 10% of the jobas time. Please include supervisory responsibilities.
1. Prepares patient charts for upcoming procedures and gathers records from prior visits. Coordinates to obtain paperwork from physiciana office prior to service.
2. Obtains demographic and health history information from patient and/or online patient portal, ensuring updated information is used in registration.
3. Enters admission data and scans appropriate documents into the registration software.
4. Facilitates patient identification and confirms accurate demographic and insurance information.
5. Thoroughly explains and secures forms regarding conditions of admission, patient rights and responsibilities, advanced directives, privacy practices and other facility policies as required.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of the billing process and managed care contracts when explaining patientas benefits. Collects deductibles and co-pays at time service. Completes third party payer forms as necessary.
7. Responsible for ordering office supplies for the business office and clinical personnel. Ensuring stocking of chart packs and all clinical form orders.
8. Maintains the patient lobby, including coordinating the maintenance of plants and magazines. Coordinates with the facilities department by logging maintenance requests. Maintains a clean and organized work space.
9. Provides clerical assistance to the management team.
10. On an as needed basis will assist and back-up other business office staff positions.
11. Demonstrates dedication to customer service such as assistance with telephone calls, giving directions, and providing general facility information. Interacts with external and internal parties with courtesy and sensitivity.
12. Role models the principals of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
13. Perform other duties as assigned must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
On the job training is provided.A Previous admitting or clerical experience preferred. Medical terminology are preferred.
Computer / Typing:
Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc. Typing and computer skills are required.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
Vail Health, formerly Vail Valley Medical Center, is a nonprofit community health care system serving patients and guests from around the world. Locally operated and governed by a volunteer board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital, accredited by the Joint Commission. Our 24/7 emergency department in Vail is a Level III Trauma Center with a nearby helipad for necessary medical transports. Vail Health provides a wide array of services and access points including Beaver Creek Medical Center, urgent care clinics in Avon and Gypsum, our Edwards medical campus, Eagle Healthcare Center and a multispecialty clinic in Frisco. Howard Head Sports Medicine offers physical therapy services at 10 locations and works closely with our internationally renowned orthopaedic partners at The Steadman Clinic and Vail-Summit Orthopaedics. In addition, Vail Health's Shaw Cancer Center and Sonnenalp Breast Center are the region’s only fully accredited cancer treatment center and comprehensive breast center. The Vail Clinic, which was founded in 1965, officially became “Vail Valley Medical Center” in 1980, its first year as a full-service hospital. At that time, we had one primary locatio...n and 25 physicians. Today, Vail Health has locations in nine towns, nearly 1,000 employees, 260 physician partners and 85 volunteers. Vail Health is an equal-opportunity employer. The hospital is handicap accessible and adheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act. Smoking is prohibited in our facilities. This includes e-cigarettes.