$35.70/hr - $59.50/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
In the Reporting and Analytics group , it's all about the data. On this team, you'd be using your critical thinking skills to work through processes, reporting, and analysis to make Banner a better place.
As an IT Solution Analyst III you will be responsible for providing data and analytic support for the business. This includes working with large databases and applying quantitative methodologies using advanced analytical tools. You will perform substantive, comprehensive, and quantitative analyses to produce data-driven solutions and recommendations to position the company competitively relative to outcomes, operations and profitability. This position will work with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams to improve business outcomes.
This can be a remote position if you live in the following states only: AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, IA, MO, ND, NE, NV, TX, UT, WA, & WY
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is a high-level individual contributor with expertise in selected business or healthcare processes and participates in formulating system scope and objectives relative to the company's requirements. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide. Acts independently or as a leader of a team to provide knowledge, guidance, research and fact- finding expertise to define, design and modify specifications and processes of complex information systems. Responsible for establishing system documentation standards and quality assurance methodologies for systems and applications. Maintains current professional and technical knowledge.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Business Outcomes: Relentless focus on delivering outcomes and value to our business. Partners across organization and related functional areas to understand internal customer needs related to service excellence, including but not limited to analytical, technology and reporting needs; determine the appropriate course of action; make recommendations in an actionable format including to senior management, to achieve desired business results. Facilitates cross-functional teams and/or leads projects with departmental or company-wide scope to implement system changes. This may also include providing oversight, change management, general work direction or leadership to individuals on team; conducts regular meetings with stake holders and uploads necessary documents to the shared information repositories, such as SharePoint or Teams.
2. Technology Standards: Establishes and defines processes, documentation and standards for quality, and provides expert advice to ensure adherence to critical operating standards; mentors junior members of the team; Provides leadership for customers, information technology staff and various committees guiding the design, implementation and maintenance of complex application and system specifications and processes. Participates and may lead task forces to plan, implement, and coordinate facility activities to maximize information technology service quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
3. Innovation and Futures: Analyzes and reports on complex customer needs. Manages and supports the identification and research of new developments and uses of current systems and applications, as well as upgraded systems and applications.
4. Advisor & Partner: Develops strong relationships with internal and business partners; collaborate in appropriate areas, including application design, system optimization, programming complex models, transferring large data feeds, and staying current on emerging technology related to all systems.
5. Communication: Presents information or ideas to the interests, level and needs of the audience. Actively engages participants and encourages input. Uses group process skills to ensure that the agenda is met. Promotes and facilitates free and open communication. Adapts choice of language and presentation of ideas to fit various needs and perspectives of audiences.
6. Measurements: Ensures Key Performance Indicators are developed and tracked in all levels of work effort. Clearly defines success and implements the measurements to understand when success is achieved.
7. Strategic: Designs and administers complex standards and policies regarding application and end user customer documentation. Ensures that department and company standards are implemented.
8. This position has responsibility for selected area of responsibility. Work is performed in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent must have significant knowledge about cross functional departments in order to serve as a liaison and provide relevant guidance or leadership. The incumbent has collaborative decision-making authority for projects and applications and works at peer and leader levels. The incumbent may also be expected to troubleshoot issues at a complex level and appropriately escalate issues to other resources, as needed. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide. May be responsible for leading cross functional teams using project management skills to achieve desired results.
Must possess strong technical and business knowledge as typically obtained through the completion of Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Epidemiology, Computer Sciences, Process Engineering, Business, Healthcare, Information systems or related field.
A minimum of four to seven years of experience or equivalent as typically obtained in one or multiple areas: reporting and/or analytics in clinical, financial, insurance, utilization, patient satisfaction, supply chain, HR, clinical application configuration, or related field. Must possess significant knowledge of cross functional departments in order to serve as a liaison and provide relevant guidance or leadership. Must possess strong project management skills and ability to work independently, manage large, multiple projects, complex reports, while organizing priorities. Excellent communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills are required. Strong technical skills as appropriate for position (SQL/Ansi SQL, SAS, Tableau, Excel, clinical software applications, etc.).
Experience with system implementation and project management. Additional experience with specialized applications in related area also preferred. Experience with department specific software (Cerner, NextGen, Centricity, TSI, and Quality Advisor, SAS or SSRS), including advanced integrated or independent report writing applications. Master's degree or higher in relevant field. Advanced knowledge in area of expertise.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred .
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.