McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
The network leader will lead a technical, governance, and matrixed resources team providing them strategic and tactical direction. Leader will support monthly and annual budget planning process, manage forecast, provide estimates, operational leadership, contract governance, and provisioning of all IT network infrastructure services. Deliver a highly available and reliable network, well-performing, scalable and secure, optimized and cost effective network for the company across all sectors.
* Provide strategy, organization, business and operational perspective and effective leadership for a 24/7 global network infrastructure team * Proactively technology partners with business leaders to gather and interpret requirements for existing and new technology deployments * Proactively partner with IT technology leaders, business partners and service providers to determine, deploy and enforce standards * Oversee hardware and software life cycle management, providing roadmaps, asset deployment, inventory control and asset disposal adhering to corporate asset management policy and procedures * Oversee and ensure proper design, operations, security, stability, and continuous improvements for network services
* Contribute heavily to technical design patterns, principles and architectures
* Serve as a network lead related to activities associated with acquisitions, mergers, and/or divestitures, technical leadership, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) * Lead the development and documentation of all policies, processes and procedures related to operations management, to include training, testing, deployment and new business projects. Serve as point-of-contact relative to audits and compliance activities * Partner with human resources (HR) and support its human capital and organizational effectiveness programs and initiatives. Operate in alignment with HR's strategies. * Ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service and tangible outputs. Rely on industry standards, best practices, and qualitative & quantitative data to support and/or refine operations methodologies
* Maintain deep technical expertise on all relevant innovations within infrastructure technology especially those pertinent to the healthcare distribution and services industry
* Maximize the extensibility, scalability, availability, and elasticity of the network services environment leveraging the capacity management team
* Recruit, develop and retain an exceptional infrastructure services team building collaboration, partnership, and credibility
* Serve on multiple steering committees as the thought-leader for McKesson' s global technology infrastructure and production environment
* Partner closely with Engineering, Delivery, and managed services providers to oversee transition of services into production
* Lead development of RFPs, implementation and transition plan, vendor governance, and provide strategic input to drive cost efficiency
* Forecasts future skill needs to acquire and develop an IT workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills and competencies that balance between growing the agility required to achieve digital business objectives and ensuring the core IT functions are reliable, stable and efficient
* Sets the mission and vision of the network operations department to foster a service-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques
* Leads the development of the network operations team's roadmap and ensures its integration with the overall IT and enterprise strategic plans
* Works with the IT senior leadership team on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources
* Acts as a trusted advisor, and builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders and senior executives to develop a clear understanding of enterprise needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of network operations to meet those needs, and is able to respond with agility to changing industry priorities
* Develops the annual operating and capital expenditure budget for IT operations to ensure it is consistent with overall strategic objectives of IT and the enterprise and is within plan
* Leverages influencing and negotiation skills across IT and the enterprise to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions in achievement of enterprise goals.
* Participates in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive positioning.
* Maintains currency on new technologies and platforms and provides direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated and introduced within CTO team to ensure IT capabilities respond to the needs of the enterprise's strategy.
* Maintains an active sunset strategy for outmoded networking technology
* Champions IT ops involvement in the IT organization's innovation efforts and its role in experimenting with new solutions to take advantage of industry opportunities
* Provides strategic direction and oversight for the operation and support of IT systems that fulfill the needs of the enterprise, including the full life cycle of infrastructure operations and IT service support
* Directs the development of network sourcing strategy and provides executive participation in strategic vendor and partner relationship management
* Serves on IT planning and policymaking committees; drives the development of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure IT ops delivers value to the enterprise.
* Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the IT ops leadership team and staff
Bachelor's Degree preferred (computer science, engineering, information systems, business administration or other industry related curriculum)
Master's Degree preferred (computer science, engineering, information systems, business administration or other industry related curriculum)
Minimum 10 years of IT experience managing large scale infrastructure and operations
Minimum of 5 years' experience in designing, developing, configuring, and implementing enterprise networks with diverse solutions from multiple vendors
5+ years in leadership experience including MSP management experience
5+ years of experience in managing IT operations and delivery, including managerial roles of escalating responsibilities
Experience managing, deploying, and upgrading telecommunication network, voice networks, data and wireless networks, video networks, contact centers, unified communications, and cloud networking services globally.
Experience and deep knowledge of Voice Technologies, VOIP, SIP, MPLS, SBC, Video Conferencing, Webcasting, SD-WAN, MPLS, Routing, Switching, SWG, Cloud technologies, Firewalls, Proxy, Load Balancers, Unified Communications and all related technologies
Deep expertise with LAN/WAN/SDN connected infrastructures such as: routers, switches, firewalls, proxies, voice gateways, media converters, load balancers, WLAN controllers, VPN, NAC, as well as understanding of VLANs, NATs, tunneling protocols and other physical, virtual and cloud technologies, LDAP, DNS (GTM/LTM), SFTP/FTP, VoIP, IPsec, DNS, and DHCP
Communication skills - This role will require outstanding communication skills, ability to provide balanced recommendations that include risk assessments, decision analysis, and advantages for proposed solutions
Proven experience in navigating complex organizations, creative problem solving, and rational experimentation
Expert knowledge in IT operations, designing secure, scalable and highly available data, voice and video networks on a global basis
Strong business acumen, with experience in understanding and shaping technology investments in support of company strategy
Exposure to business process development, governance processes, management and budgeting. Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills around collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills
Strategic, operational and tactical planning for deployment of information technology infrastructure and network systems
Integrated global capability delivery experience and project management
Ability to inspire a multi-cultural, geographically dispersed team
Proven track record of successful large-scale change leadership
Strong experience managing and leading technical teams
Knowledge of the Release and Life Cycle management practice
Knowledge and experience implementing ITIL Standards
Prior experience in a similar role in multiple multi-national companies from a global perspective
Prior experience in dealing with outsourcing and managing MSP's teams and outcomes
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
We deliver careers with purpose and potential. Our focus on better health starts with creating an inclusive environment with strong values where you can build a fulfilling career. You can count on us to provide you with resources and opportunities to grow and be your best, while contributing to our pursuit of improving lives. Every day, McKesson’s employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient. We work to distribute medical supplies, bandages, syringes, vials of flu vaccine, and pharmaceutical drugs to help real patients like Jack, an eight-year-old boy battling cancer. We take that job seriously. Together, the work we do is shaping the future of healthcare. If you are passionate about combining a meaningful career with a balanced life, join us on this journey and apply for a job with McKesson today. Every day, McKesson’s employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient.