Assistant Director of Warrior Hub Enrollment Services
Winona State University
Location: Winona, Minnesota
Internal Number: 1839
Location: Winona, MN
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Employment Condition: Probationary
1. Provide holistic advising to students by presenting in-depth information and expertise regarding complex enrollment service-based issues (Financial Aid, Records and Registration, Student Accounts) on behalf of the university for students, prospective students, parents/families, faculty, staff, administrators, guests and the general public. In this area, the incumbent has independent decision-making agency for resolving issues on behalf of the Hub and Integrated Academic Services (IAS). This includes working with customers to resolve issues that often involve multiple steps, includes multiple departments and requires a considerable amount of expertise across a variety of Warrior Hub, IAS, and academic departments in order to act independently in decision-making. Additionally, the Assistant Director of the Warrior Hub plans and executes integrated communication plans utilizing the university's customer relationship management (CRM) software.
· Counsel, advise, investigate, problem-solve, and resolve Enrollment Service-based issues for prospective, current, and former students and their authorized family members via phone, email, and in person walk up. This requires a considerable amount professional judgment and decision-making. In illustration, this person has the decision-making capability to determine that a student's course can be dropped with a full refund after officially posted university drop dates through obtaining proof from instructors that the student never attended/participated in the course and can process the dropping and backdating of the course in ARSA to fully execute the refund);
· Research student concerns across several databases and technology systems, apply professional judgment to find resolutions to complex enrollment issues using a high level of authority to act autonomously in line with Federal, State, MinnState, and WSU standards;
· Understand, interpret and apply federal, state and institutional policies, procedures and guidelines related to primary functions of Integrated Academic Services offices (Financial Aid, Records and Registration, Student Accounts, etc.);
2. Intake, review, and process various customer inquiries and forms/workflows across departments represented within the Warrior Hub Enrollment Services area to completion including collaborating with other areas and escalating instances as appropriate.
· Process re-enrollment request forms submitted to Warrior Space and update in student record to re-admit student to the university, including collaborating with academic departments to update students' records.
· Serve as the university's Veterans Certifying Official for the Wisconsin National Guard Tuition Reimbursement program.
· Act as manager and processor of Common Market and St. Mary's Cooperative Program
· Manage the day-to-day follow up of email inquiries and phone contacts that are escalated for professional intervention.
3. Incumbent is responsible as a main collaborator with IAS staff members and participates in workloads across the constituent departments of the Warrior Hub (e.g., loan processing, SAP Processing, FA award processing, WI National Guard Reporting, assisted registration). Additionally, the incumbent is charged with developing, maintaining, and managing scheduling for the front desk and the main phone line of the Warrior Hub. This involves working with other advisor/counselor level staff to balance schedules as well as working with student support staffing to ensure adequate scheduling of phones for our Warrior Hub.
4. Lead training and providing oversight for Warrior Hub student workers. This includes but is not limited to training students to respond to phone inquiries, emails, and assigning students daily tasks or duties complementing and supporting the work of the professional staff at the Hub.
5. Other duties as assigned by Associate Director of Enrollment Services to ensure the smooth functioning of the Warrior Hub and maintain the reputation of Winona State University. Including but not limited to participating on committees, work groups and participating in professional development opportunities.
Minimum Qualifications: · Master's degree and (3) years of experience in enrollment service, registrar, financial aid, guest relations, information management, or student development in a higher education setting OR a Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of experience in enrollment service, registrar, financial aid, guest relations, information management, or student development in a higher education setting.
· Demonstrated knowledge of student development
· Demonstrated knowledge of degree audit
· Demonstrated knowledge of financial aid processes and procedures
· Demonstrated knowledge of student record management
· Demonstrated technical skills to use innovative technology to efficiently fulfill business process needs, maintain and update websites, process detailed student record and financial aid workflows
· Ability to formulate solutions to complex, multi-faceted problems
· Ability to interact effectively with diverse populations
· Outstanding written, active listening, and oral communication skills
· Strong innovative, critical thinking skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
May require some evening and weekend hours
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force
frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Some lifting and carrying of materials; pushing the portable cart, etc.
About Winona State University: Founded in 1858, Winona State University (WSU) is the oldest member of the Minnesota State System of colleges and universities. Today WSU serves approximately 7,500 undergraduate and graduate students across two campuses in Winona and Rochester, Minnesota (MN). Winona State was named the second-best public institution in Minnesota by U.S. News & World Report's
Founded in 1858, Winona State University is a comprehensive public university with close to 8,900 students. The oldest member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, Winona State offers 80 undergraduate, pre-professional, licensure, graduate, and doctorate programs on its three campuses: the original Main Campus in Winona, the West Campus in Winona, and Winona State University-Rochester.