Responsible for collaborating with the Assistant Dean for Student Engagement in coordinating a comprehensive leadership education program for student leaders and the broader undergraduate student population. Responsible for program development, implementation, training, advising and assessment as well as assisting with the long-term vision for the Office of Student Engagement. The incumbent will also participate on committees and projects within the Dean of Students Office. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Work with the Assistant Dean to coordinate, conduct and establish short and long range planning activities to create innovative, impactful leadership education programs to engage the undergraduate student population *Collaborate with the Assistant Dean of Students to develop semester and year long Department learning outcomes and strategic goals *Develop all relevant educational and lessons plans in alignment with Department learning outcomes and strategic goals *Assist with the development of actions steps to accomplish Department learning outcomes and strategic goals *Assist with the distribution and implementation of the Department learning outcomes and strategic goals, specifically related to leadership education *Develop and implement assessment and evaluation methods to ensure leadership education educational plans are meeting intended learning outcomes and strategic goals *Integrate Department leadership education curriculum into all relevant programs, trainings and service offerings *Serve as an integral member of the Office of Student Engagement by attending regular staff meetings, assisting with other initiatives and coordinating special projects when needed
2. Design and coordinate student leadership and engagement programs *Direct the development and implementation of leadership education curriculum, marketing, program scheduling, assessment and evaluation for all leadership initiatives to best meet the Department learning outcomes and goals and support educational, personal and professional growth of student population *Execute the Greek Emerging Leaders (GEM) program while continuing to further integrate the program into the Fraternity and Sorority community by maintaining strong working relations with the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs staff and leadership of the Governing Councils *Select, mentor and supervise the GEM Coordinator; train, coach and supervise GEM mentors; provide intensive co-curricular training and education for leadership team in preparation for implementation of GEM program with Emerging Leader cohort *Design, implement and facilitate leadership education curricular and co-curricular workshops, training sessions and programming series for the multi-faceted campus-wide leadership education initiative for undergraduate student population *Implement, manage and evaluate in partnership with the other designated Department staff member all facets of the Outdoor Adventure Pre Orientation Program on an annual rotational basis *Work with the Assistant Director overseeing clubs and organizations to enhance the leader transition practices of student clubs and organizations to assist new individuals in successfully moving into their executive board roles *Conduct ongoing troubleshooting/consultations sessions with student club and organization leadership to help them understand underlying organizational leadership issues and create leadership development plans to address the problem as it relates to these individuals managing and leading their organizations *Provide consultation to student club and organization executive board members on leadership retreats and workshop planning and facilitation for their respective groups *Coordinate leadership education curriculum for student club and organization advisors in order to enhance the student experience *Manage Greek leadership budget and direct fiscal appropriations as necessary for collaborative responsibilities between Student Engagement and Fraternity and Sorority Affairs *Prepare budget and funding proposals for evolving and/or presently unfunded leadership education and development initiatives
3. Partner with the Assistant Dean to develop and implement Department leadership education initiatives *Collaborate with the Assistant Dean to design, innovate and execute a multi-faceted campus-wide leadership education initiative for undergraduate student population *Design curriculum to provide developmentally-appropriate experiences for student learners at all levels of readiness to enhance longitudinal leadership learning within Student Engagement initiatives *Work with Department staff to plan and implement a variety of leadership retreats, seminars and other leadership development opportunities throughout the year *Regularly provide instruction and serve as a resource to student, faculty and staff about various leadership theories, frameworks, models and next best practices they can use with their respective students and student organizations *Train students and staff to facilitate workshops, seminars, retreats, etc. on various leadership topics *Supervise any Work Study Students, Interns or Volunteers assisting in the implementation and direction of Department leadership education programs
4. Partner with the Assistant Dean to strategize and collaborate on campus wide integration of student leadership efforts. *Collaborate with the Assistant Dean of Students to position the Department as a leadership education and development resource to campus constituents *Conceptualize and aid in the creation of new and innovative leadership education programs for students at all developmental levels, with attention paid to ensuring culturally competent development for diverse populations and groups *Identify and recruit students to provide leadership, assistance and participation in a newly developed leadership learning and education opportunities and initiatives *Build relationships with faculty and staff to find mutually beneficial ways to integrate them into the development and delivery of student leadership efforts *Meet regularly with both professional and student staff members in the Department to stay abreast of overarching student engagement initiatives and provide a critical perspective for leadership education and social change *Collaborate with the Dean of Students and Student Affairs partners to provide resources and expertise related to leadership learning, education and development; engage partners in the process of developing change agents via collective leadership frameworks *Consult with peer leadership, education and mentorship programs to serve as a resource regarding student readiness and learning, facilitation and inclusion skills and collective leadership development *Provide education and development opportunities and training to the campus community on concepts related to leadership learning, leader readiness, collective leadership frameworks, leadership education for diverse student populations and critical perspectives on leadership
5. Collaborate with the Assistant Dean to develop and implement an overall Department assessment strategy that aligns with the Department learning outcomes and goals *Assess and evaluate all leadership education and development opportunities using the processes developed by the Department; analyze data and provide recommendations for and make changes to those opportunities as necessary *Design and implement assessment and evaluation tools for all programming and educational opportunities; include mechanisms for measuring all learning outcomes associated with the Department *Collaborate with the Assistant Dean and Department staff to develop and implement an overall Department assessment strategy and procedures, with primary oversight of assessment for curricular and co-curricular programming as part of the multi-faceted campus-wide leadership initiative *Assess leadership education and development opportunities and advocate for needs of underrepresented student populations *Analyze and provide recommendations for student engagement and campus colleagues regarding data provided by Multi-Institutional Study of Leadership *Conduct research on "promising practices" resources regarding theories, models, programmatic materials and new initiatives or trends related to leadership education and development *Actively engage in professional development opportunities to enhance knowledge base, areas of expertise and an understanding of theories and practices
6. Serve as an integral member of the larger Dean of Students Team *Serve on Student Affairs committees and special projects as appropriate *Collaborate with University administration and other offices to facilitate good interoffice working relationships and partnerships *Provide guidance and serve as a resource to faculty and staff related to student leadership learning, education and development *Support the Dean of Students, Divisions and University efforts to ensure the creation, promotion and adherence to the Principles of Our Equitable Community
Position Number: S83320
This position is expected to work remotely while the campus remains in a limited capacity due to COVID-19; in the future this position may have the ability to work both from home and on campus as deemed appropriate by their supervisor
This position has an overall FTE of 92.31%; the incumbent will have off the last 2 weeks in June and the first 2 weeks in July annually
Master's Degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs or related field
One to three years related work experience
Strong interpersonal, writing, presentation and facilitation skills
Strong analytical and decision making skills
Supervisory experience preferred
Leadership development experience preferred
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Internal Number: 499513
About Lehigh University
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.