We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
The Index Solutions team manages thousands of indices used in PIMCO funds and separately managed accounts to measure performance, manage risk, and inform investment decisions. Our team works directly with portfolio managers, account managers, technology, operations, and data vendors on all aspects associated with onboarding and managing index data. We are seeking an Index Solutions Associate/Sr. Associate to build and maintain indices, process monthly index rebalances, assist with general ad hoc requests, and provide oversight for vendor and tech relationships. The position will be located in Newport Beach, CA, allowing the function to operate in a window that expands across all regions and time zones.
- Collaborate with Account Management and Portfolio Management teams to help them implement client directives around benchmark changes
- Process monthly and ad hoc benchmark rebalances
- Provide oversight and conduct validations of index risk measures, prices, and security level compositions
- Partner with technology to increase operational efficiencies through better automation of index data
- Research and write detailed documentation for new and existing data sources and work with technology and our vendors on data standardization
- Write scripts to develop custom security-based models for use as benchmarks
- Perform analysis and construct benchmarks, applying business rules to derive composites and sub-indices, and adding currency hedges, if needed
- Develop algorithms to identify, record, and correct index data quality issues
- Understand key market drivers that impact index pricing, risks measures, and security level compositions
- Provide oversight of index vendor relationships
- Respond to inquiries from various teams and desks using index data
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Finance, Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering or another quantitative background. A Master's Degree and/or CFA preferred - Minimum 3 years of experience managing large volumes of datasets, including familiarity with database architecture Strong attention to detail with high quality of work standards; responsible business oversight of the index technology development cycle - Familiarity with SQL or a strong willingness to learn - Well organized, high energy level/self-starter; must work well in a team environment - Extremely effective interpersonal skills
Preferred Qualifications: - Prior experience in a client-facing role highly desirable - Knowledge of quantitative fixed income mathematics and a good understanding of the fundamentals of portfolio/risk management
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Life insurance and travel coverage
401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office