Location Address:4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
·Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers-in person or on
·Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other
·Participates and ensures that rounding for outcomes occur daily.
· Promotes and validates TWCE/Leader Rounding compliance.
·Maintains responsibility for nursing units on 24/7 basis, unless otherwise approved.
·Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
·Adheres to hospital standards for dress and professional appearance.
·Collaborates with staff and peers to create optimal synergy and outcomes.
·Completes behavioral-based interviewing for all new hires.
·Participates in 30, 60 and 90-day evaluations of new staff, and assists in completion of meaningful annual evaluation of existing staff.
• Meets regularly with staff to obtain feedback and provide guidance to improve outcomes.
• Complies with hospital corrective action process.
• Monitors and maintains acceptable compliance with budgets. Monitors Visionware daily and
collaborates with Nurse Manager/Director on completing monthly variance report and formulating
action plan when necessary.
• Rounds on patients and family members. Provides service recovery when necessary.
• Assists in development of Operating and Capital Budgets
• Facilitates patient flow to and from the units.
• Participates in quality improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
• Implements actions as appropriate based on benchmarks and data specific to the departments.
• In collaboration with the Nurse Manager/Director, continually monitors vacancy and turnover rates.
Will assist in implementation strategies for staff retention.
• Complete and submit departmental reports monthly.
• Demonstrates accountability by taking responsibility for decisions, actions and results.
• Maintains regulatory agency preparedness.
• Participates in staff development by ensuring education, advancement of staff skills and
• Serve as mentor and advisor to facilitate professional growth of Unit Staff.
• Plans new projects or expansions, including equipment, staffing and space requirement
Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
·Minimum of two years acute care nursing experience
·BLS, ACLS within 6 months of hire
·Bachelors of Science in Nursing within 3 years
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
·Two years of experience providing leadership of care team or equivalent (i.e. Team Leader, Clinical Nurse Coordinator)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certification in Specialty area
The Assistant Nurse Manager supervises and coordinates patient care delivery on the assigned nursing
units and is accountable for meeting standards. The Assistant Nurse Manager supports the assigned unit
by planning, directing, and evaluating all nursing service functions and activities for the assigned patient
care unit to ensure delivery of optimal available quality patient care and organizational effectiveness.
The Assistant Nurse Manager completes concurrent chart audits of assigned areas to ensure charting
within the EMR is complete, accurate and specific to the patients' diagnosis, plan of care and core
measures. Ensures that errors and omissions are corrected in a timely manner. Coordinates staff educational needs. Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.