Southwest Baptist University invites applications for full-time, ten-month, tenure-track Clinical Faculty position as the Coordinator of Counseling Services and Counselor. The candidate selected has the responsibility of overseeing clinical and operational functions of the Counseling Center. The Coordinator is also responsible for providing a variety of counseling services to the students, faculty, and staff of Southwest Baptist University. Rank will be contingent on the qualifications of the candidate. Candidates must be Evangelical Christians and active church members who have a commitment to Christian higher education. Responsibilities will begin in August 2021.
Southwest Baptist University, accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, offers courses leading both to undergraduate and graduate degrees. Approximately 1,300 on-campus students may choose from more than 80 programs of study as they pursue a liberal arts-based, career-oriented education. The campus is located in the city of Bolivar, a community of 10,300 located 23 miles north of Springfield, Missouri.
· Master’s degree in psychology, clinical or counseling psychology, or appropriate related degree required
· Post-graduate counseling experience
· Licensed or license-eligible as a psychologist or counselor in the state of Missouri
· At least two years post-licensure counseling experience
· Experience in crisis intervention and consultation
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to work effectively as a team member within the Division of Behavioral Sciences with majors in social work, psychology, and criminal justice
· Ability to work effectively with student services administration across campus.
· Commitment to Southwest Baptist University’s values and principles
· Computer literacy and data analysis
· Due to bona fide occupational qualifications only female applicants will be considered
· Experience in clinical supervision
· Educational counseling center experience
· Demonstrated knowledge and skill in brief therapy
· Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment
· Experience with computerized student information systems
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review/screening of applications will begin immediately. Applications must include a letter of intent, curriculum vita/resume, transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate courses, statement of educational philosophy, personal statement of faith and three letters of reference. Please go to https://www.sbuniv.edu/about/employment.php to access the application and upload application materials. Letters of reference may be sent confidentially to [email protected] Calls may be made to other persons who may have information about the applicant.