The Information Technology Executive Director for Client Experience will be responsible for leading client experience teams in the creation and delivery of high impact technology services that support the Michigan State University (MSU) mission. This role leads and contributes to the vision, strategic direction, technical landscape governance and influence necessary to plan, execute, and maintain enterprise-wide technology services. The Executive Director leverages professional experience and current best practice to develop and retain an engaged, accountable, diverse, and high-performing workforce as well as acts as a champion for the effective and efficient use of MSU resources.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a principal advisor to the Executive Vice President for Administration and Chief Information Officer (EVPA & CIO), Departmental Leaders, and University Leadership in large-scale information technology services and initiatives relevant to IT client-facing engagement services and client experience.
- Leads managers to work with key stakeholders to plan and execute projects, ensure that teams have appropriate specifications, direction, and resources to deliver services effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for IT client-focused service models that efficiently delivers solutions and enhance the client experience with IT tools and services in support of the universities mission of higher education. Services include, desktop support, 24/7 call centers, service management, technology change management, campus technology marketplace, and identity services such as identification card and access management.
- Recruits and retains a diverse and inclusive high-performing team.
- Monitors, mentors, and coaches employee performance and engagement.
- Directs initiatives to improve operational efficiency and service delivery effectiveness across all lines of business and technology platforms
- Responsible for the department funding associated with services, ensuring they deliver on time and within budget, and that projects under their leadership deliver intended value to the enterprise.
- Maintains and cultivates relationships with key clients and stakeholders to provide direction and escalation.
- Leads the collaboration with campus units and other teams across MSU in defining future enterprise client-focused service needs, 24/7 support operations, service level agreements, and service models.
- Provides strategic leadership for enterprise client-focused services in information technology, to better position the university relative to emerging trends in higher education.
MSU Information Technology provides the primary leadership for strategic, financial, and policy initiatives affecting information technology (IT) across MSU. MSU IT offers technology resources that support MSU's mission of providing education, conducting research, and advancing engagement.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) are essential elements, vital to the culture MSU Information Technology endeavors to cultivate. This includes providing opportunities and access for all people which incorporate differences of race, age, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, migratory status, disability/abilities, political affiliation, veteran status and socioeconomic background.
Bachelor’s degree; more than eight years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in a leadership role influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders on improving and enhancing client experience with services and technologies; experience leading multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects; experience in managing and directing a diverse and inclusive team to deliver reliable, resilient, highly available services; expert knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions and strategic application to business needs; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal; multiple years of experience in managing/supervising enterprise support teams and recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce; experience in the higher-education industry, particularly in client support, enhancing and improving client experience, IT service management, business-related processes, technology, and practices.