Manages the day-to-day operations of a large university program or department, including the supervision of staff employees, student workers, programs or processes.
1. Plans and develops procedures for administering a large or complex department or program.
2. Manages fiscal activities, including procurement and budget analysis.
3. Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates performance.
4. Prepares abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation.
5. Creates and reviews reports of expenditures and activities.
6. May administer grants and grant-related related communications, scholarships and other operations.
7. Develops, implements and maintains appropriate policies and procedures.
8. May serve as property custodian for the department.
9. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information:
1.Coordinates with UH faculty, academic advisors, students and employers for integration of Cooperative Education Program;
2. Develops and maintains policies and procedures for the Cooperative Education Program;
3. Evaluates program, keeping detailed reports;
4. Advises and counsels students regarding career selection, job searches and internships.
5. Assists students with job search techniques, resume preparation, interviewing strategies, networking and other career related activities through individual appointments or group sessions.
6. Conducts workshops and seminars with a focus on career preparation, interview skills, job search techniques and other career related topics.
7.Manages large-scale resume review event prior to career fair each regular semester.
8. Partners with engineering student organizations to conduct professional development workshops and/or participate in organization activities centered on career preparation.
9.Collaborates with both campus community and off-campus sites and organizations to provide students with varied resources and information.
10. Implements, manages and evaluates systems and resources used to provide counseling services; and makes recommendations on improvements to services.
11. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline;or the basic knowledge of more than one professional disciplines. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related, 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience
Resume,Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Internal Number: STA007218
About University of Houston
Founded in 1927, the University of Houston is the leading public research university in the vibrant international city of Houston. Each year, we educate more than 40,750 students in more than 300 undergraduate and graduate academic programs, on campus and online. UH awards more than 8,000 degrees annually, with more than 200,000 alumni. UH is a Carnegie-designated Tier One public research university.