REPORTS TO: Chair for the Division of Social Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences
Southern Wesleyan University, a university within the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition, located in the beautiful upstate of South Carolina, invites applications for faculty positions within the nascent but rapidly growing MSc in Counseling Psychology program.
We invite interested individuals to apply for the position of Full-Time Faculty & Graduate Internships Coordinator. The university seeks to increase the number of women and minorities within its faculty. Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. The position is intended to begin July,1, 2021.
The entry level rank of this full-time faculty position will be assistant or associate professor, within the MS Counseling Psychology program, will be determined by terminal degree, qualifications and experience. The selected individual will have primary responsibility for coordinating graduate internships/practica within the MS Counseling Psychology program.
1. Coordinate practica/internships for the MS Counseling Psychology program.
2. Direct supervision of graduate practicum and internship students.
3. Teach classes in the MS Counseling Psychology program(see http://catalog.swu.edu/MSCP_courses). SWU graduate faculty carry a 9-hour/semester load: Two 3-credit-hour courses during the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters, including course load reductions for internship coordination/clinical supervision.
4. Engage in program and curriculum development, student learning outcomes assessment, student recruitment, and advising in the counseling psychology program.
5. Demonstrate servant-leadership by engaging in service activities within the university and the larger community.
6. Serve on university committees and be actively engaged with the university community.
1. A Ph.D. in an appropriate field (e.g., Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Counselor Education) is preferred.
2. Graduate counseling student supervision experience is essential.
3. Experience in or a desire to integrate Christian faith with the teaching and practice of the academic discipline is essential.
4. Eligibility for licensure in the state of South Carolina is preferred.
5. Research experience related to counseling or experience in the implementation of evidence-based practices in counseling is preferred.
6. SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals. Applicants should be comfortable and familiar with the use of technology within the academic environment including distance learning and learning management systems, web-based programs, and PC applications.
Internal Number: 278
About Southern Wesleyan University - Central, SC
Located in the beautiful upstate region of South Carolina, Southern Wesleyan University (SWU) is a Christ-centered, student-focused learning community devoted to transforming lives by challenging students to be dedicated scholars and servant leaders who impact the world for Christ. Along with a vibrant, undergraduate on campus program, SWU offers online programs of study for undergraduate and graduate degrees, including doctoral programs.
Southern Wesleyan University is an accredited, Christian university. The mission of the university is to provide quality undergraduate and graduate programs in a distinctively Christian environment that fosters the integration of faith, learning, and living. Candidates for employment must support the Christian mission of the university and give evidence of successful professional experience, mature faith, and consistent Christian lifestyle.