The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for evaluating, inspecting, and maintaining all hospital, convalescent home, and facility-owned housing equipment, buildings, and grounds.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for planning and instituting a comprehensive maintenance program, reducing costs, communicating with proper vendors for equipment repairs, maintaining equipment inventory, and assuring compliance with all healthcare and safety regulations.
The Maintenance Supervisor must ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and standards applicable to the plant and equipment of Share Medical Center and supervises maintenance staff.
1. Establishes and maintains a comprehensive program of inspection and preventive maintenance for the Hospital and Nursing Home plant and equipment. Ensures hospital plant and equipment meet applicable standards and are safe to be used for the function intended. Coordinates required safety inspections and tagging of all equipment.
2. Performs maintenance and repair of Hospital and Nursing Home plant and equipment. Determines the need for outside maintenance services and reviews work performed.
3. Inspects all equipment on arrival to ensure proper and safe functioning. Assigns asset numbers and tags equipment in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
4. Directs the maintenance of Hospital and Nursing Home grounds and ensures that all area are kept in a neat, presentable, and safe condition.
5. Assesses employee skills and develops training program for employees and encourages employee development. Provides one on one training to maintenance staff in areas of expertise.
6. In consultation with Senior Leadership, hires, evaluates, motivates, disciplines, and terminates employees.
7. Responds to all plant or equipment related emergency situations, if contacted.
8. Stays abreast of the “Facility Dude” spreadsheet and ensures efficient completion of all maintenance needs of the facilities.
9. Works cooperatively with safety officer to ensure compliance with applicable safety standards.
10. Assists in the development of SMC policies and procedures related to maintenance and housekeeping.
11. Develops, implements and ensures compliance with department policies and procedures.
12. Serves as advisor to the Senior Leadership Team on matters related to maintenance and plant operations.
13. Develops annual operating and capital budget for departments supervised. Develop an equipment aging replacement plan to support regional managers in replacement decisions.
14. Assists department managers evaluate maintenance related departmental needs (i.e. equipment maintenance contracts, equipment life expectancies, and space requirements).
15. Serves on committees as assigned.
16. Actively participates in Continuous Quality Improvement program.
17. Ensures all tools and equipment are used/operated in a safe manner.
18. Develop an equipment servicing plan to ensure availability and cost efficiency.
19. Coordinate maintenance with supervisors to maximize equipment uptime.
20. Develop and maintain an inventory of all equipment.
21. Oversee Vehicle Program and assure compliance with all DOT regulations and coordination of backup drivers.
22. Complies with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other hazardous substances.
23. Follows the guidelines established by Share Medical Center’s compliance program and code of conduct.
24. Follows the guidelines established by HIPAA.
25. Follows the guidelines established by Service Excellence and the Commitment to SERVE.
26. Follows dress code guidelines established by SMC.
27. Works within compliance of with Medicare, Medicaid and other regulatory agency requirements with staff efficiency to perform superior customer service and give high quality healthcare.
28. Regularly logs into SQSS and completes assigned tasks.
29. Logs in and completes assigned training in the automated training system.
Share Memorial Hospital originally opened in 1970. Today, Share continues over a 100-year tradition of hospital services to Alva, Oklahoma and the surrounding areas in Northwest Oklahoma and Southern Kansas.
Share offers most routine medical services, i.e. medical lab, x-ray/imaging, emergency care, nursing care, and primary care physicians and med staff.
But unlike many small rural hospitals, Share continues to grow with numerous advanced or specialty offerings which you can check out on this website.
Patients can have their care from whatever hospital they choose. If your doctor recommends a service we provide, tell them you want to go to Share.