The Director of Corporate FP&A will serve as a trusted, strategic partner to the Finance organization as well as key leaders across the Company. This role will be critical in guiding and supporting senior leadership on company financial performance to ensure that key metrics and expected return on investments are achieved. This individual will contribute to defining and executing on the vision for how FP&A will support changes to our business around inventory segmentation, business unit profit and loss and balance sheet oversight, and modeling to support key decisions for achieving the Company’s long range financial goals and strategies. This dynamic role is required to deliver exceptional leadership skills and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Acting as a consultative advisor, the person in this role is expected to create healthy debate with business partners on critical decisions to ensure all options are considered and the best path is chosen.
We are All Leaders at Carhartt
In our words and by our actions, we strive to emulate the hardworking example set forth by our founder, Hamilton Carhartt. We Lead Business by creating value, delivering on results, and making changes along the way. We Lead Self by being dependable, because hardworking people count on us to have their back every day. We Lead Others by communicating and clearly defining the path as we walk bravely into the future. Working at Carhartt, we are all given a seat at the table and the honor of continuing the legacy.??
• Partner with the VP of Finance in developing and executing on a vision for increased FP&A support to the channels in the areas of inventory investment and segmentation, full business unit P&L and balance sheet ownership, and various other strategic growth drivers.
• Actively participate in long-range company strategy development and lead the Finance team in the related financial modeling. Provide financial guidance and counsel to influence strategic decision-making and development of long-range plans to establish financial metrics and effectively monitor progress against them.
• Develop executive level summaries to clearly articulate long-term financial objectives and lead the process around effectively linking these long-range plans into the annual planning process. Partner with the VP of Finance in the development of more formal and consistent processes to effectively evaluate and prioritize both strategic and operational spend while maintaining nimbleness and flexibility to the broader organization
• Lead the FP&A team in evaluating the financial impact of new business opportunities including but not limited to business development strategies, new product and service offerings, and technology solutions.
• Direct the corporate FP&A team in all activities associated with the Company’s corporate operating and shared service departments. This includes establishing shared service allocation philosophy, consistent business unit reporting and metrics, and overseeing the continued development and vision of category division profit and loss reporting and metrics in collaboration with cross-functional leadership
• Oversee FP&A efforts to improve reporting, planning and analysis capabilities. Provide strategic thought leadership and analysis that identify meaningful trends and opportunities across the business.
• Drive the development of annual plans while identifying and prioritizing critical investments that deliver against short and long-term strategies. Drive continuous improvements & enhancements to the current forecasting and budgeting processes: implement best practice processes & policies, automate wherever possible, implement new systems & financial models, and streamline stakeholder financial reporting.
• Contribute to complex, large-scale strategic projects to drive optimal financial outcomes, improved efficiencies, and scalability for the business
• Hire, train, and develop a top performing finance team that grows along with the overall business
Required Skills and Experience
MBA or CPA preferred
12+ years of relevant experience working in an FP&A or Accounting Capacity including the following:
2-4 years of leadership experience with a track record of developing and attracting talent
5+ years of FP&A experience working in the apparel or consumer products industry with multiple channels of business is preferred
Ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams, utilize outstanding influencing skills, and demonstrate strong senior-level communication skills
Analytical and creative problem solver with a flexible approach that can accommodate the evolving business needs.
Demonstrated leadership of a high functioning finance organization and the ability to develop and lead a team of direct reports
Additional Salary Information: Annual incentive bonus, 401k match, and Long Term Incentive Plan
About Carhartt, Inc.
IN 1889, HAMILTON CARHARTT ESTABLISHED CARHARTT, INC. IN DETROIT,
MICHIGAN. Today, the global premium workwear brand is headquartered in Dearborn,
Michigan, and employs more than 4,700 associates worldwide. Carhartt remains family owned
and managed by the descendants of the company’s founder, ensuring his mission
to serve and protect hardworking people is carried through in every garment it produces.
Known for rugged construction, exceptional quality standards, durability, functionality,
and comfort, Carhartt apparel is legendary among workers, and those who pursue their
passions in the rugged outdoors.
Right now, our brand is bigger than ever, and growing. We always are looking for top talent
in a variety of fields who share our mission and embrace our commitment to deliver
premium-quality products and service. Sound like the place for you? Let’s chat!