Saint Joseph’s University is a private, Catholic, Jesuit institution and we expect members of our community to be knowledgeable about – and to make a positive contribution to – our mission. Saint Joseph’s University is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce. The University is committed to the diversity of its faculty and staff so that our students, our disciplines and our community as a whole can benefit from the multiple perspectives it offers. The University seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. EOE Saint Joseph’s University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in its programs and activities, including admission and employment, in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The Title IX Coordinator is responsible for overseeing compliance with Title IX and other civil rights laws and regulations. To contact the Title IX Coordinator, e-mail [email protected], visit Campion Student Center suite 243, or call 610-660-1145. To learn more about the University’s Title IX policies, the process for filing a report or formal complaint of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, or other form of sexual misconduct, and the University’s response to reports and/or formal complaints, please visit www.sju.edu/titleix. Inquiries may also be directed to the Federal agency responsible for enforcing Title IX, the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
The Senior Administrative Assistant II will be the primary greeter for all visitors who come into the Dean’s Office in the Erivan K. Haub School of Business. The incumbent will provide administrative support to the Associate Deans and primarily assist the undergraduate programs and their students. Along with the other administrative support staff, this position will also provide support for large scale HSB initiatives.
• Direct individuals to respective appointments within the Dean’s office and provide resources and guidance when necessary. • For students who require basic advising support, refer them to the Leahy Advising Center and, when necessary, make appointments with Associate Dean. • Conduct mail merges for academic review process, Office of Advancement, Beta Gamma Sigma, AACSB email listserve, and others as assigned. • Order corporate gifts, refreshments, and meals for meetings and events hosted by the Dean’s office. • Order office supplies for the Dean’s team/office. • Maintain all office equipment via contracts or leases. • Manage data, build faculty reports, and HSBAACSB reports using the Sedona software package. • Work with Associate Deans for students organizations (BLC, JBSA, etc. ). • Organize Business Policy Competition and Beta Gamma Sigma ceremonies. • Coordinate the faculty course evaluation process for all programs. • Record and distribute minutes for the Associate Dean’s meetings. • Notify faculty (per Associate Dean’s request) of significant student issues. • Maintain travel requests from faculty; process requests for funds, prepare letters to receive funding, update and maintain tracking spreadsheet. • Assist in maintaining and organizing data for AACSB accreditation reports for the Directors meetings. • Prepare correspondences to graduating students and their corporations/organizations. • Coordinate and communicate the Board on Student Academic Review activities including creating and merging academic status letters. • Assist callers and visitors to appropriate academic departments and programs and respond to voice mail and email correspondence. • Maintain confidentiality of University, faculty and student information and files. • Maintain the Haub School Directory and ensure the campus directory is updated. • Support other associate dean initiatives as they relate to committee work. Coordinate all functions of the Board on Student Academic Review (notificating students, coordinating meetings and interviews, processing decision letters, and completing the final report).
• Assist in proofreading and editing materials for the Dean’s office (i.e. schedules, brochures, catalogs, flyers and marketing materials). • Serve as back-up administrative support for the Co-op Program and HSB Advising Center as needed. • Other duties as assigned by the Associate Deans.
• Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ experience in an administrative support role or an equivalent combination of education and experience. • Mastery of intermediate skill level in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet search software. Proficiency in Access, Banner and/or other specialized software. • Excellent communication skills (i.e. grammar, vocabulary) to be applied to telephone communications and to written communications such as email, letters, memos, etc. • Strong or intermediate skills in function specific database software.
• Knowledge of Banner, Discoverer, Cognos and SRM.
• Lifting of promotional materials and walking to various offices on campus is required. • Requires some evening hours and/or weekends at different times during the year. • May require travel to off-campus events.
About Saint Joseph's University
For over 160 years, Saint Joseph’s University has been engaging men and women in a rigorous Jesuit education that empowers them to become leaders in their industries and communities. An expansive liberal arts curriculum that serves as a foundation for all students, combined with programs tailored to meet the needs of complex and evolving fields prepare students for all of their post-graduate pursuits. As a Jesuit institution, guided by a faith that promotes justice, Saint Joseph’s University educates for a higher purpose; service is central to the Jesuit identity, and students are expected to improve the common good by utilizing their skills and knowledge to promote tolerance, compassion and social justice.