PEDIATRIC GENETIC COUNSELORS – ORLANDO, FL We are looking for 2 full time genetic counselors to join our busy pediatric genetics practice at Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, an Orlando Health hospital. Our pediatric genetic counselors provide services in outpatient genetics clinics, multidisciplinary specialty clinics, and inpatient consults at Winnie Palmer and Arnold Palmer Hospitals. As an integral part of one of the largest neonatal intensive care units in the country, the genetics practice at Orlando Health provides an excellent opportunity to experience a clinically diverse patient population. Our new hire will be a part of our growing team, consisting of one pediatric genetic counselor, four geneticists, genetics nurse practitioner, genetic counseling assistant, metabolic dietitian, registered nurse, clinic coordinator, and social worker. Our pediatric counselors also work very closely with Orlando Health genetic counselors in the prenatal and cancer settings. Orlando Health offers competitive salaries and full benefits packages. Benefits for genetic counselors also include funding for certification and continuing education.
• Provide assessment, diagnosis, and counseling.
• Assist in the management of patients and families with known genetic disorders, and of patients at-risk for the development of these disorders.
• Analyze and interpret clinical/laboratory findings.
• Disclose normal and abnormal results to patients, families, and referring physicians.
• Intervene as a crisis and bereavement counselor in situations involving genetic diagnoses.
• Advise and assist staff upon the appropriateness of patient referrals and requisite medical records.
• Write clinic notes and other documentation for the electronic medical record system. • Obtain and review medical records.
• Supervise genetic counseling students and provide genetic education to rotating medical students, residents, and fellows. Requirements:
• Board certification or board eligibility through ABGC
• Master’s degree in genetic counseling from an accredited program prior to start date If interested, please contact: Jennifer Morrison, MS, CGC [email protected]
Internal Number: Req21627
About Orlando Health
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually.
Orlando Health is a $3.8 billion not-for-profit healthcare organization with more than 3,300 beds serving Central Florida and beyond. Consisting of nine wholly-owned or affiliated hospitals and rehabilitation centers, Orlando Health has the area’s only Level One Trauma Centers for adults and pediatrics, and is a statutory teaching hospital system that offers both specialty and community hospitals. They are: Orlando Regional Medical Center; Dr. P. Phillips Hospital; South Seminole Hospital; Health Central Hospital; the Arnold Palmer Medical Center, which consists of Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies; Lakeland Regional Health Systems; and affiliates, South Lake Hospital and St. Cloud Regional Medical Center. Areas of clinical excellence are heart and vascular, cancer care, ne...urosciences, surgery, pediatric specialties, neonatology and women’s health.
The organization includes Orlando Health Physician Group, Orlando Health Physician Associates and Lakeland Regional Health Physician Group, three of the region’s largest multi-specialty practices; two renowned cancer centers – Orlando Health UF Health Cancer Center (with locations in downtown Orlando, the Dr. Phillips community in southwest Orlando, Lake Mary, Ocoee and Clermont) and Lakeland Regional Health Hollis Cancer Center; ownership in four outpatient surgery centers; 12 wholly-owned, affiliated or partnership urgent care centers; and a majority interest in an entity operating six outpatient imaging centers.
More than 3,000 physicians have privileges across the Orlando Health system, which is also one of the area’s largest employers with more than 23,000 employees who support our philosophy of providing high-quality care and service that revolves around patients’ needs. We prove this everyday with nearly 155,000 inpatient admissions, more than 3 million outpatient visits and more than 10,000 international patients each year. Additionally, Orlando Health provides more than $345 million in support of community health needs.