1. Personnel Management. Plan, direct, and manage the work activities of department staff, which includes hiring, training, performance evaluation, prioritizing work, leading staff meetings, and supporting professional development. Staff assignments cover a range of expertise, including computer database management, marketing, student development, word processing, information specialties, office administration, program planning, and program delivery. Develop and maintain office policies and procedures and manage department operating budgets.
2. Enrollment Management and Marketing. Provide leadership to the University in the strategies for development and implementation of Enrollment Management and Marketing consistent with the objectives and missions of the institution by providing appropriate information to prospective students, high school and community college counselors, parents of prospective students, and faculty/staff of this institution. Duties include development and management of marketing and communications related to admissions to the University in various formats such as print, social media, television, telecommunication, and digital media; management of student prospect data assembly; oversight of admissions representative visits to multiple states to attend national and regional fairs, College Nights, high schools and community colleges; communications with secondary schools and school counseling staff; communication with community college administration and staff which supports MN State Transfer Pathway programs; directing of the advance placement programs; research and assessment of statistics and outcomes in cooperation with the Office of Institution Research to report on results and innovation solutions; coordination with departments such as Housing and Residential Life, Warrior Success Center, Alumni Engagement, Information Technology, and Equity and Inclusive Excellence on promotion activities and events.
3. Admissions. Direct the development and implementation of all policies and procedures necessary to manage the recruitment and processing of applications efficiently while generating revenue for the University. Manage the academic credential evaluation and processing of undergraduate applications for admission (including first-year, transfers PSEO, undergraduate specials, high school specials, and ACE) in alignment with strategic planning and projection from institutional research. Maintain up to date information on the vast academic programs at the University. Responsible for undergraduate admission decisions on admitted students, being sensitive to data privacy, and Affirmative Action guidelines. Assist in the registration process for first-year, transfer, and international students. Consult with the Admission Review Committee regarding deferral and appeals. Administer the Resident Tuition Scholarship program that allows high academic first-year, transfer, and under-represented students in-state tuition fees. Manage State residency programs and determinations for all undergraduate and graduate students.
4. Transfer Evaluation. Develop and administer the policies and procedures for course articulation for all transfer students as they pertain to Winona State requirements for Minnesota Transfer Curriculum, WSU general education and majors or minors. Responsible for the evaluation of all transfer coursework for newly admitted students, including collegiate, technical, and military courses. Produce course equivalency tables for major feeder community colleges. Develop and implement joint admission agreements with various Minnesota Community Colleges. Monitor the transferability of credit from technical colleges.
5. Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the department and maintain the reputation of Winona State University. Including but not limited to continuously monitoring state-wide, regional, national, and international trends for both education and enrollment; serving on committees; attending meetings, conferences, workshops, and seminars related, which provide continuous growth and development; assist the Financial Aid office in awarding Presidential Honor Scholarship.
• Master’s Degree in Higher Education Administration, Counseling, Marketing, or related field. • Five (5) years of leadership experience in student services, recruitment, marketing, or admissions in Higher Education.
• Organizational, administrative, and analytical skills sufficient to set priorities as well as create, coordinate, and manage a variety of programs and services • Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate with diverse audiences • Experience in effectively and efficiently utilizing computers to conduct business (i.e., Microsoft Office suite, databases, and web application software) • Ability to travel, with some evenings and weekends required • Demonstrated commitment to equity, access, and excellence in higher education • Knowledge of CRM tools, as well as the ability to utilize technology.
Additional Salary Information: Benefits: WSU offers a comprehensive benefit package including life, health and dental insurance, a retirement program, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, as well as a variety of other benefits as defined by the individual Collective Bargaining Agreements. For information on our benefits (Medical and Dental Insurance; Life Insurance; Disability and Long-Term Care; Pre-Tax Benefits; and Health and Wellness), please refer to SEGIP’s website (http://mn.gov/mmb/segip/index.jsp). For information on Minnesota State’s Retirement Plan(s), please go to: http://www.minnstate.edu/system/hr/employees/retirement/index.html
Internal Number: ASF202106
About Winona State University
Founded in 1858, Winona State University (WSU) is the oldest member of the Minnesota State System of colleges and universities. Today WSU serves approximately 8,000 students across two campuses in Winona and Rochester, Minnesota (MN). Winona State was named the second-best public institution in Minnesota by U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Colleges,” and listed among the “Best in the Midwest” by The Princeton Review. Additionally, WSU has been named as one of “America’s 100 Best College Buys”.
The mission of WINONA STATE UNIVERSITY is to enhance the intellectual, social, cultural and economic vitality of the people and communities we serve. We offer undergraduate programs based on the traditions and values of the arts and sciences and an array of graduate and professional programs that are especially responsive to the needs of the Upper Midwest. We prepare our graduates to serve generously, lead responsibly and respond imaginatively and creatively to the challenges of their work, their lives and their communities. A community of learners improving our world!
A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.