The Weld County Sheriff's Office in Greeley, CO is searching for a professional correctional counseling that provides crisis intervention and short term counseling to inmates. Counselors provide psycho-educational groups including cognitive behavioral based programs to inmates. They work in collaboration with security and medical staff concerning inmate related problems. Counselors conduct suicide assessment and mental health screening for inmates with follow up supervision. A Counselor III provides diagnostic mental health evaluations of inmates to determine mental health needs. A Counselor III completes assessment for emergency commitment (M-1) and prepares appropriate documentation upon the release of an inmate.
May be required to work Saturday and/or Sunday
Detailed Job Posting - NEOGOV Insight
• Provide short term, individual counseling services and case management to inmates. Develop and update case plans, including documentation and maintenance of counseling files.
• Provide psycho-educational groups, including cognitive behavioral based programs to inmates.
• Respond to "Inmate Request Forms" and "Mental Health Referral Forms" per policy.
• Facilitate suicide staffing as needed and prepare progress notes, EMR documentation, case plan development and follow up supervision.
• Complete "Psychiatric Medication Review" for inmates.
• Complete diagnostic mental health evaluation of inmates to determine mental health needs.
• Consult with medical staff regarding psychiatric medication and treatment of mentally ill inmates.
• Complete assessment for emergency commitment (M-1) and prepare appropriate documentation.
• Help resolve housing conflicts between inmates that occur as a result of pod assignment. Consult with staff for resolution.
• Enter general population living area to discuss programs, problem solve and maintenance of good order and discipline with inmates. Ensure that appropriate security precautions are followed when working with inmates.
• Establish and maintain working relationships with community agencies for consultation, evaluation, therapy and other social services support for in-house programs and initiate inmate referrals to the community.
• Provide in-service training to jail staff.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Inmate Services.
Detailed Job Posting - NEOGOV Insight
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education: • Master's degree in counseling, clinical psychology, or related field.
Required Experience: • Three years experience in counseling, specifically in the mental health field working with a variety of diagnosis. • Experience in facilitating psych-education groups.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: • Must hold current license in Colorado as a Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Addictions Counselor or equivalent or be able to obtain license within the first year of employment.
Additional Salary Information: Great benefits:
Long Term Disability Insurance
Short Term Disability Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Assistance Plan
Recreation Center Discounts
Internal Number: 003
About Weld County Government
Home to 31 incorporated municipalities, including growing cities, charming towns, thriving businesses and thousands of acres of prime agricultural land. As Colorado’s third largest county, Weld County covers 3,987 square miles in the northern part of the state and is larger than the size of Rhode Island, Delaware and the District of Columbia combined. The climate is dry and generally mild with warm summers, mild winters and a growing season of approximately 138 days. The land surface is fairly level in the east, with rolling prairies and low hills near the western border. Elevations in the county range from 4,400 to 5,000 feet. The South Platte River and its tributaries, the Cache la Poudre, the Big Thompson, the Little Thompson, the St. Vrain, and other smaller streams, flow into Weld County from the south and west, leaving the county on the east. With available services, location, resources and livability, Weld County offers unbounded opportunity for families to live, work and play. We have one more important ingredient as well: A positive attitude toward growth. For information regarding Weld County demographics, please click here and look under the Helpful Information section. We love being here, and we’d love having you here too!