Senior Recruiter - Office of Human Resources-2015248
: The foundation of Carnegie Mellon's success is the exceptional faculty and staff who work here. By bringing together a diverse group of people, we have benefited from the differing skill sets, experiences, perspectives and strengths that each person brings. In our collaborative and entrepreneurial environment, we enable people to work together in exciting and productive new ways. The mission of Recruiting and Staffing Services is to drive efficient, effective hiring practices that enable Carnegie Mellon to attract, source and select diverse, world-class talent through strategic partnerships and collaboration.
We are searching for a Senior Recruiter to help us attract, find, and place talented, diverse individuals within our world-class institution. We provide analytical, compliant, end-to-end talent acquisition services that have a transformative impact on the university's ability to achieve its mission and vision. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a dynamic team which is continually refining and improving the way we deliver services to the campus community.
You will be responsible for recruiting and sourcing talent for a variety of staff positions across campus in both administrative and academic units. This role will require you to use strong consultative and partnering skills in order to build, sustain, and influence close working relationships with hiring managers, administration, HR Business Partners and external partners.
Core responsibilities include:
* Acting as a partner and advisor to hiring managers to develop and implement strategies to source and recruit top talent; * Managing the full-cycle recruiting process for applicants, ensuring a smooth and positive experience; * Collaborating with assigned clients to understand their requirements and goals; * Utilizing creative sourcing techniques to find passive candidates; * Screening resumes and interviewing qualified individuals; * Facilitating interview and hiring discussions with interviewers and hiring managers; * Maintaining reports and performance metrics on a regular basis; * Developing tools to help individual departments and business units achieve their goals in fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion; and * Working on special projects to promote and enhance services offered.
We are seeking someone who thrives in an environment with changing demands, who can challenge the status quo with creative solutions. You should be skilled in providing top-tier service to hiring departments and applicants, and skillfully utilize technology to meet hiring goals. Your career should demonstrate commitment to our values of integrity, passion, diversity, impact, and growth. To be successful in this role, you will need a positive outlook, excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills. You should also be adept with reports, Excel, and systems.
* Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, communications, psychology, or related field is required.
* Five (5) years of recruiting experience including corporate recruiting, third party staffing and/or executive search.
* Experience working in a complex, matrixed organization with varied business units and decentralized processes is also preferred.
* Knowledge of Workday and/or Taleo is highly desired.
Please visit "Why Carnegie Mellon" to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Human Resources
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Time Type: Full Time
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Internal Number: 2015248
About Carnegie Mellon University
Carnegie Mellon (www.cmu.edu) is a private, internationally ranked research university with programs in areas ranging from science, technology and business, to public policy, the humanities and the arts. More than 12,000 students in the university’s seven schools and colleges benefit from a small student-to-faculty ratio and an education characterized by its focus on creating and implementing solutions for real problems, interdisciplinary collaboration and innovation. A global university, Carnegie Mellon’s main campus in the United States is in Pittsburgh, Pa. It has campuses in California’s Silicon Valley and Qatar, and programs in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and Mexico.