This position is responsible for the coordination, design and development of instructional, technological and multimedia related objects needed for online, hybrid and/or face-to-face course delivery as well as provide support and training for the development and integration of instructional technology into the learning environment.
Primary Responsibilities :
1. Design and development of content specific interactive learning objects, multimedia, web resources instructional materials and use of assessment for course delivery assessment;
2. Develop and deliver online and face-to-face workshops and professional development opportunities related pedagogy, instructional design, instructional technology, and software tools to faculty and staff;
3. Provide individual consultations with faculty in the application of pedagogical strategies;
4. Maintain working knowledge of current and emerging technologies ;
5. Support faculty use of web conferencing, video conferencing, lecture capturing and online communication tools within the University's online course management system, Canvas;
6. Work with faculty and IT staff to identify and produce efficient learning solutions;
7. Assessing, evaluating and reporting to determine the effectiveness of developed materials as related to student learning outcomes;
8. Stay up to date on current issues and strategies related to accessibility in online education. Serve as an advisor and advocate for implementing Universal Design strategies in online courses.
Bachelor’s degree with two years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Curriculum Design, Educational Technology or related field.
Applications submitted by March 23, 2020 will receive full consideration.
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Quick Link: 9344
Internal Number: 9344
About Northern Kentucky University
NKU is a growing metropolitan university of more than 14,000 students served by more than 2,000 faculty and staff on a thriving suburban campus near Cincinnati.
Located in the quiet suburb of Highland Heights, Kentucky—just seven miles southeast of Cincinnati—we have become a leader in Greater Cincinnati and Kentucky by providing a private school education for a fraction of the cost.
While we are one of the fastest growing universities in Kentucky, our professors still know our students' names.